New York-New York City

Food Matters Catering in NYC?

Hi - has anyone ever experienced Food Matters Catering in NYC? Their pricing seems so unbelievably good for Manhattan compared to every other place I inquired about; e.g. $100pp inc all rentals, bar!Can anyone comment on them for food, quality, day of service, coordination, etc?Or can anyone recommend other caterers in NYC without making me go broke? Thanks everyone!!

Re: Food Matters Catering in NYC?

• edited December 2011
    You can try Smart Catering and Sterling Affair both are reasonably priced.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you actually met with the caterer or just exchanged emails?  It's seems improbable, but then again I don't know what kind of food you are asking for and seeking (w/o tax, my pp budget is only a bit higher than yours, so it's entirely doable).  Why not ask for a tasting and/or to go to an event its running?  Most good caterers will do that, if it doesn't then you have your answer.  
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for this info, Dookers! That's totally incredible. Right now the best quote we've found is around $185 per person for everything: food -- a few passed hors doeuvres and a cheese station, then a served salad course and a served dinner (fish or steak) -- plus alcohol and rentals. We only have 75 guests so I guess that's possibly not that crazy. But regardless I just contacted Food Matters, because if we can get it closer to $100 per person I would be ECSTATIC!!Anyone have experiences with this caterer? I'd love to hear feedback too...
  • edited December 2011
    Sterling Affair is less than 185 per person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards