New York-New York City
Options

Inexpensive Officiant for small simple ceremony

Hello!  So I am going to be getting married on October 6th (2011) which is a Thursday and my FI and I had planned on just walking into the courthouse and get it done there.  Unfortunately I'm having a little difficulty scheduling things around work (I will only have started a few weeks earlier so I can't simply take a day off and feel comfortable about it).  Does anyone know a registered NY officiant (preferably in Queens, but I am willing to go anywhere necessary) that could do a very basic wedding ceremony for a minimal fee?  I'm seeing things for $300 and up, but I didn't really want to spend that much just to say "I do" and get a license signed.

The date is important to us because it's exactly one year before our giant ceremony and we want to be able to celebrate on the same date.  There will only be less than 10 other people there (parents, my g-ma and a couple of friends) the most important being my 98 year old grandmother who I'm not sure will make it to next year so I just want her to be able to see me get married, but there won't be much of anything to the ceremony we want.

Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards