New York-New York City

RK Bridal- alterations elsewhere?

I just purchased my wedding dress from RK Bridal for my October wedding.  I'm having a hard time finding reviews on their alterations.  One person commented on seeing someone else's finished alterations that did not look good, and others said they took their dress elsewhere for alterations for various reasons (# of appts, cost, etc).   Does anyone have any feedback on alterations there?  Or can you recommend some place for alterations? Thanks

Re: RK Bridal- alterations elsewhere?

• Toria037Toria037 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my bridesmaids get their dresses altered there and it was not a very good experience.  There was always a different seamstress each time the girls went which lead to a lot of confustion.  Several bridesmaids had to go back and forth over 4 times because things were not fixed correctly.  Also, they only steam dressed during the week so if you go on a weekend for a fitting and everything is perfect - you can't get it steamed and take it home until the next week.    In the end they were all fixed fine but except they managed to cut the train on some dresses and not on others - seriously.

And they charged the max for alterations on all of them when some only needed the top taken in. 

I would make sure you find out who will be altering the dress and what the price will be in advance if you decide to have alterations there. 

Hope this helps..
  • bouncinsolbouncinsol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes it does, thanks!
  • lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding dress altered there and I wish I didn't.

I had some major concerns and the seamstress did not speak English.  She just started pinning.  It wasn't until we started calling another seamstress on the phone that the manager came over to calm me down.

-they tried to make my bustle different than they originally said they could do
    -at point of sale they said there was no alteration they couldn't do-that they could customize things-this was not the case
    -concerns about my dress staying up were ignored

In the end, the bustle was gorgeous and never fell.  But, my ample bust was not fitted correctly and i spent the night picking my dress up. 
  • edited December 2011
    Soooooo glad I found this thread. I just found the perfect dress there too this weekend, but the overall operations seemed so sketchy. Thanks so much for the advice, ladies!
    I've Got the Wedding Bell Blues
  • edited December 2011
    I just purchased my dress from Rk Bridal ($2050). From the time I got measured to the time I left I was so confused. Starting from the person who took my measurements ; I noticed she made the bust area bigger then it originally is. And at that time she told me I needed extra length because the measurements were wrong on the dress (extra 200). To top it all off they tell me once the dress is delievered from the warehouse to the store. I have a choice to have it mailed out of state for cheaper taxes($30) or leave with it that day for  $200 taxes. The real confusing part is that the dress is already being delivered to the store(why do I have to pay $200 for it to be re-shipped) so now I have to find someone that lives out of state to pay $30 and then figure out a way to get the dress and take it back to the store for alterations, just to save some money. This experience is not going the way I planned but I loved the dress and it looked really beautiful on me. I hope after the alterations are done  (which is another fee) it's worh it. I'll keep you posted.
  • edited December 2011
    I have alot of girls that get their dresses at RK and bring them to me.
    You can call me to make an appointment for a free consultation.  I am located in Floral Park which is on the Nassau/Queens boarder

Millie
    516-775-1774
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards