Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Engagement Ring Prayer/Blessing?

So, I'll have 3 rings. One of my wedding bands, then my engagement ring, then the other band. I originally planned on using one as my "wedding ring" but eventually having all three soldered together. Now I'm realizing how sentimental I am about all 3 rings being involved.Does anyone know of a ring ceremony that involves at least the engagement ring? I doubt there's one that would involve a second wedding band, but anything would be a start.I tried googling "engagement ring ceremony" and "blessing" but didn't find anything.Thanks!

Re: Engagement Ring Prayer/Blessing?

• Options
    Sucrets does! It is written in their ceremony, near the bottom. She got it from Shanawalk.
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks. Going to look :)
  • Options
    Vogt, I used it, too - it was great. It didn't involve DH saying anything, which was a good thing..... LOL The minister didn't QUITE get the way I wanted it done, but he also didn't do quite the traditional ring exchange, but it worked fine. I liked the touch it added.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    I loved that part of the ceremony.  :)
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Do you mind if I snag it, Sucrets?Also, any thoughts on what the second wedding ring could symbolize? I'm going to have to write that part of the ceremony myself, I think :)
  • Options
    Could you make it a past/present/future analogy?  E-ring represents the past, wedding band one represents the present vows you're making, wedding band three represents hope for the future?
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    That's kind of what I was thinking Brie. Not sure how I'm going to word it though...Thinking of something like a promise for the future, to be good parents, to grow old together, etc....
  • Options
    It wasn't really incorporated into the ceremony, but I had mine soldered together before the wedding, so that during the ring blessing, I liked that it was all just "one" ring. I know that's not exactly what you're talking about, but I just liked that they were together.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Why *do* you have a second wedding band? That would help me give ideas on what it symbolizes ... and might help you figure out what to write.
  • Options
    Because I'm a spoiled brat, Carrie :) There's no real reason, I just liked how it finished the look of the ring when it's all together.
  • Options
    Oh, and I planned to get them soldered tlv, but I don't like being without my e-ring. I feel naked. And I didn't want to feel naked for a month before the wedding. :)
  • Options
    Go right ahead, V!  I stole it from shan, anyway.What you have about the 3rd ring sounds nice.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Well then in the absence of the three rings symbolyzing earth, wind, and fire (maybe with some music in the background, coupled with a dance by the two of you), I vote past, present and future.  :)Or, how about: you, FI, and the both of you as a unit?
  • Options
    How does this sound? (figuring my first ring and FI's ring have already gone on)FI, please take the engagement ring.  This ring is the symbol of promise and intention.Now the intention is realized and the promise fulfilled.  Please place this ring on her finger over her wedding band to symbolize that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage.FI, please take the final ring.This ring is the symbol of what is to come in your marriage. Today is only the first day of a lifetime of memories.Please place this ring on her finger over her wedding and engagement bands to symbolize the beginning of your long journey filled with wonder, surprises, laughter, tears, celebration, grief, joy. May each of these rings you've exchanged glow in reflection of the warmth and love which flow through the wearers today.
  • Options
    I know I'm over 12 hours late, but I really like the wording Vogt.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    Thanks Karen :) I think we'll call them the wedding, engagement, and marriage rings during the ceremony. Engagement to symbolize the promise, wedding to symbolize the vow, and marriage to symbolize our life to come. Cheesey, but effective. I'll cry like an infant :)
  • Options
    I think that makes sense if you refer to them as that.  BTW, I think I'm abnormally excited for your wedding.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    I think you're abnormally cute :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards