Wedding Etiquette Forum

I duhleted my poll

I know it's stupid, but I got really, really unreasonably sad about someone stealing my idea.Irrationally sad, even.BUT I did save the thread. So your answers have not gone to waste.Please don't hate me, I wouldn't have been able to sleep.
On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
BabyFruit Ticker
Blog

Re: I duhleted my poll

• What a as$hole thing to do! I hate you. And by hate, I mean love. A lot.
  • As I said, I ain't madatcha.Just keep it off Style Me Pretty, and you'll be fine.
  • What happened?
  • Ditto ang.  Was eating dinner.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Nothing bad, I just had posted about an idea I had, and someone pointed out that now that I posted it, all the lame lurkers were going to steal it and in 3 months it would be the trend everyone was sick of and I REALLY LOVE THIS IDEA and it made me SO ridiculously sad to think of someone taking it I literally COULD NOT STAND IT.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • FB?  I really want to know.  And since I'm already married, I promise not to steal it!

• oh the costs of being suber fab, right tj? ;)but in seriousness. I do not blame you. Keep it to yourself until after the wedding at least. Or would it bother you later too?
  • Meaghan - I don't think it would bother me after. I mean, a little, but not in the same sense as seeing it plastered all over the internet before I even got a chance to do it, you know?sucrets - sending you a FB messaaaage.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Oh damnit!! I was hoping you'd post it in the FB group TJ--i'm super curious now too...and I promise not to steal it. Promise. We're not fb friends, are we?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah I know, but word to the wise... my closest college roommate is doing the same dress and wedding colors as me. I know I should be flattered but it just sucks. I know I am being bratty but I can't help it.
  • Same dress?! I draw the line.  That's crossing it.
  • RachnRich - I think we are now!Meaghan - I know how you feel, kind of. I couldn't even get Buddy to understand WHY I was upset. "But what does it matter if someone else does it first? No one at our wedding will know that!"IT'S THE PRINCIPLE OF THE THING!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Yeah I am kind of a mama tiger about my wedding. No clue why. I know it is my problem but it still irks me.To be fair Carrie, it is not the same EXACT dress, but it is an all lace, strapless, sweetheart, fitted drop a line that she is adding buttons down the back on. Go figure.
  • I totally stole your idea and I am planning on using it for my wedding do over ;P
  • Damnit, now I'm reallly curious about what this awesome idea is!
  • I would post it again you guys, I really would, but I can't even express how much it would break my heart if someone else did it first.I mean, my fear even drove me to DD. That's serious.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Ricks, VOW RENEWAL duhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....hahah oh please oh please let us not go here again.
  • Yeah, I'm now planning a 2nd wedding the day before yours and I'm so doing it.  ;)

• Meagan don't worry, I am sure someone will post a "vow renewal" question in the near future.
  • OMG Sucrets you are stealing my idea that I stole from TJ! You suck! But realy TJ, I understand. It is nice to have at least one thing that is your own at your wedding.
  • TJ, I get it.... (even though I didn't see it). I think we all want something about our weddings to be special and unique to us, and there isn't anything wrong with that. And, I think I'm rambling now..... This is what happened to me, sort of - but probably not really - last week. My now-SIL announced to DH and I as my dad was driving us to the courthouse Thursday evening that she and her BF had decided to get married while they were in Vegas and Friday was the only day they could do it, since Saturday was probably not the "coolest" day (or something to that effect) to do it. And would DH and I be their witnesses? Friday. The day before my wedding to her brother. Who'd never been married before. This was her 3rd. So we spent 3 hours going to the courthouse, sitting at the JOP, hunting down a taxi between JOP and Fremont St and then going from downtown Vegas/Luxor (opposite ends) at 5PM. On Friday. With tickets to a show at 7. And in 3 weeks, they are doing a vow renewal at the beach in FLA with another couple.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • I wanna know too! Can you send me a FB message too? I promise I won't steal it...wedding is WAY to close to add anything else.
  • Too late, I am already selling your idea over on Brides. com 
  • Is this in regards to the lighter? Or was there something more exciting and innovative that I missed?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards