Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

vent

Disclaimer : Yes I'm aware how lucky I am to have a dh with a jobBut grrr am I sick of his job making him work so f'n long! This is the third time this week that I've planned a really nice dinner and then he calls at 8:30 to say he's going to have to work longer (he went in at 7am). Scuse me...store...can I borrow my husband for a few hours between shifts please?

Re: vent

• Options
    oh I'll join the whine fest. H is a civil engineer for the state highway department. Why of why do they always leave all their night paving until the fall?The overtime $ is sick though.
  • Options
    Yeah, I had a convo with FI early in our relationship about how we can never have kids if he keeps getting home at 9. Because really, we can't.Now, he often brings his home work after dinner. But he's still at home, so that's okay. We also have adjusted to eating around 7:30/8pm.My company wants me here at 8:30 on the dot and lets me leave at 5:30. His is something like "wander in before 10 and stay til about 7." So usually when I leave for work, he's still eating cereal on the couch in his underwear, watching the Today show. And when he gets home, I'm just finishing making dinner. (Then he does the dishes. MWAHAHA.)
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I am thankful every day that he no longer does overnights. His old job had him working 10pm to 8am 6 days a week, so I literally never saw him awake. This is still better but...We're wanting to start ttc soon. I don't know if I could handle a newborn/small child myself if he's working 14+ hours a day.
  • Options
    Yeah, I had a convo with FI early in our relationship about how we can never have kids if he keeps getting home at 9.We actually had this convo too... how did yours turn out?
  • Options
    Mag! I was just wondering where you were on this question girl :) you always on this time of night... when you bringing that hotel to new haven??
  • Options
    I'll join in too! DH works overnight shifts 1 out of every 5 weeks. It actually doesn't bother me that much now, since at least I get my evenings with him (normally he works like 3-12 shifts, meaning he leaves for work about 5 minutes before I get home and gets home after I go to bed), but if we have kids that will not be ok. At all.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    ::pencils in date book and underlines::thanks!! I wish I could be out celebrating more tonight but I have a big day at work tomorrow... I have had three martinis though :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards