Wedding Etiquette Forum

***BEC***

Bec,Can you recommend any good websites or resources for planning a backyard wedding? I haven't been able to find a comprehensive guide or even a backyard wedding specific checklist and I would like to do some more research so I can see if I overlooked anything major.If you don't have any resources you used, would you mind if I picked your brain? My biggest questions are what extra expenses are required to do a backyard wedding and what types of requirements did you face in the way of permits, event insurance, etc.?I just want to get a clearer picture of how one even pulls off a backyard wedding.Thanks so much!

Re: ***BEC***

• I think she's usually on more during the day.  She's on at night sometimes, but if you don't get a response, you might want to try again during the day :)

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I got tons of advice here, and pretty much winged it. I have about 150 guests max, so I rented a tent, chairs, tables, porta-jon, and lighting. Your rental company will have good permit information and insurance info. We have a big bus transporting guests from an area hotel to the ceremony and then back. Parking was a huge issue for us. But it works out, because the bus is also going to take the kids trick-or-treating after the reception. :) We are doing the food, booze and sound ourselves. There are calculators online for all of that. We also had to search for an officiant for an outdoor wedding. Some require marriage in a church. I bought the table linens, I'm making picnic blankets (that's my "theme" if there is one), I bought 120 baskets for adults and 40 black buckets for the kids' food, and I bought all disposable utensils and plates/napkins. Decorating the tent is another expense, so I'm doing tissue paper pompoms (150!) for a 40 x 40 tent.I think that's about it off the top of my head, but if you have specific questions, feel free to ask! The backyard I'm using is in my bio, if you want to see that.
  • Also - check out the budget brides board. The ladies there are really helpful
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Well, Bec, way to make me look like a fool ;)

• Sorry, J&K. I'm usually not here, but tonight I'm working so I can take tomorrow off to see U2!
  • Thank you!I'm glad to know that my googling skills haven't completely failed me. I guess it was just wishful thinking that there would be magical checklist for backyard weddings, but after reading what you said, the checklist I made for myself seems to be on the right track.
  • No need to be sorry, I'm glad you're here to help!  But I'm sad for you that you're at work at 10:30.  But I'm happy for you that you're taking a day off and seeing U2.  I'm so conflicted.

• Yeah, felicity. That would be nice. But nope. Perhaps I should start a blog. LOL J&K. I hate my job. NFT.
  • Boo :(  I feel like you haven't been around much lately, so I hate your job too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards