New York-New York City

NEED HELP with nyc venue for my wedding!!

Hi ladies I am on a small budget for my wedding and I am having trouble finding a venue :( I am having 150 people and I am open to having my wedding in either sept or oct 2011. Our budget for our venue is no more than 10,000 we figure we still have to pay for dj, photos, decor and transportation and all the other extras im leaving out so basically we are trying to keep the whole thing under 20,000 is this possible? I do not want to get married in the park I know a lot of people suggest that to save money. I have been searching for 2 months and cant find anything to fit my budget!!! Has anyone succeeded in having a budget wedding in ny? We are also willing to travel to long island and new jersey if you have any ideas. Thanks for reading 

Re: NEED HELP with nyc venue for my wedding!!

• lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Do you mean Manhattan, or possibly Queens or Brooklyn?

If you mean one of the other boroughs it may be a possiblity.

Are you wanting to do a full sit down-traditional wedding? if you aren't, then you can probably find a restaurant or loft that would do a cocktail party for that many people, but not a sit down dinner.  Also check places that wouuld do a buffet dinner rather than a sit down.

Sept and October are very pricey in NYC,  have you thought about doing a Friday night wedding? That could also help your pricing.

• smsuziesmsuzie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are willing to go to Long Island, try:

Chateau Briand - my friend is paying $85 a person in September
    Jericho Terrace - give good rates certain times of the years
    Larkfield Manor
    Stewart Manor

Queens...
    Roma View Catering

Good luck
  • amal jaberamal jaber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys I dont mind outer boroughs I do want the traditional sit down dinner. I fell in love with caramoor in katona ny their outside courtyard is amazing! so now I am trying to find an outdoor garden courtyard of some sort. I hate that ny is so expensive!!
  • lisalou402lisalou402 member
    edited December 2011
    Try the Larkfield Manor in East NOrthport...
  • edited December 2011
    Tosca Marquee has a rooftop garden and might fit into your budget.  They also include linens, which is a real money saver.  

here's pictures from a wedding there:
  • Juliet212Juliet212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I suggest Jersey and as others said, you may have to think of a Friday or Sunday wedding for a traditional sit-down.

PM me if you want any suggestions.

Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amal jaberamal jaber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey juliet! I would love some suggestions I like the manor in westorange nj they are asking $80 pp which is out of my budget. We are trying to get a venue that will give us a better deal bc we dont want any alcohol but so far no luck. 
  • Kate CKate C member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Liberty House in Jersey City is georgous, the view of manhattan is worth crossing the hudson river.

The W hotel has a great package that is for budget brides This is in Hoboken....

320 5th has an area for budget early dinner packages. the last time i checked.

If you like boats I know personally a man who own a Yacht who caters and etc  sunset cruises for a bargin. Thier sunset cruise is going to be setting for our engagement party the spring. Send me   PM
  • JadziaDaxJadziaDax member
    edited December 2011
    The Old Bermuda Inn is affordable in Staten Island.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • michelle221michelle221 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please pm me if you would be interested in the amazing SEASONS in NJ for 7/3/11.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Leonards of GreatNeck, border line of long island and queens..... Great great great place.!!!1 They have a fab outside area for weddings. Price is so good! U will love it.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Ravel PEnthouse 808 in LIC...I loved it......we are having our wedding there:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards