New York-New York City

Brooklyn Reception Location - 125 People

Hello!

I am looking for wedding reception venues in Brooklyn (open to Queens & Manhattan as well). Our budget is $25K and we have about 125 people. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Kara

Re: Brooklyn Reception Location - 125 People

• edited December 2011
    we just put a deposit in at the water street restaurant in DUMBO. it's got a very cool space that can be used for either a sit down dinner or cocktail party. it's also 2 blocks from the brooklyn bridge park so photo options are plenty.

• edited December 2011
    There's this new space called Roulette Intermedium, on Atlantic Avenue in Downtown Brooklyn. It's a restored, old Art Deco theater that seems like a gem. Nearby hotels too. 

• edited December 2011
    Do you work for Roulette? Their website says it can hold 74 people at most... and also, they can only rent it for rehearsals or concerts.
  • edited December 2011

My fiance is a musician so we visited Roulette during its opening weekend. They just moved to Brooklyn so I'm not sure if they've had a chance to update their information.

I did speak with the lovely girl at the reception, who told me they're definitely going to offer space for weddings. I had the thought myself when I saw the gorgeous main room but my fiance and I have our heart set on Hudson Valley! Good Luck!

• edited December 2011
    I work in Dumbo and I think Galapagos Arts Space is pretty cool: http://galapagosartspace.com/weddings/

ReBar is pretty good to, and although I don't know their fees a coworker mentioned that she looked their for her reception venue and it was pretty cheap by NYC standards: http://rebarnyc.com/weddings

I only know this by sight, but it's a neat looking building!
    http://www.thegreenbuildingnyc.com/

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Were doing our wedding on a saturday at Rebar. You can accomodate 125 for probably under 20k , less than that on a Sunday

By 25 k do you mean food and alcohol or is that your total wedding budget?
  • TinaTamsTinaTams member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are booked in for The Green Building - it's an amazing raw space - you will have to bring in your own caterer etc, but they can supply a bar package and bar tenders if you want them too.

It's in Carrol Gardens!

Good luck on your search :)
  • tychandlertychandler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Terrace on the Park in Flushing Meadows Park.  They have several ballrooms to choose from so they can accommodate just about any size party.  Their prices are reasonable as well and the views are amazing. I am paying around your range and not too many NYC venues that don't look like dumps can you pull that off.  I can't wait for my big day there next month.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AngelMarie167AngelMarie167 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If your total wedding budget is around $25k, and you are into the Williamsburgy feel, check out MyMoon.  www.mymoonnyc.com. It is a gorgeously cool big restaurant that looks as if it were designed for a brooklyn wedding.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards