Wedding Etiquette Forum

KUI: Happy Halloweeeeeeeeen!

I'm at the bars in Boystown with FI and friends and I wanted to say hi to P&E! This will prrobably be a post and run since FI is holding my phone (no pockets in my devil costume!) but I'd love to hear about everyone's night when I get home. Happy Halloween!!!11!1!eleventy! Hehe

Re: KUI: Happy Halloweeeeeeeeen!

• Make sure to drink plenty of water, sweetheart. :)
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Ha Sarah, no worries here :) I'm a two drinks to tipsy and then done kind of girl. I definitely don't enjoy feeling crappy the next day, so I'm pretty low-key. How's your Halloween?
  • Pretty low-key. Watching the Phillies, and it's not going so well. I've had lots of visitations over the course of the day from terrifying insects who didn't think my Halloween was scary enough, but other than that, not much to report.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • It was my Halloween yesterday and rather sad because I was at a Hen's party and couldn't dress up (well, we did 'dress up' in matching shirts as 'grooms' for the bride to be, but other than that there was no costume involved! Hope you're having a great night!
  • We were going to go to the carnival in boystown in our city (about 2 miles from our house). But we went on this awesome mystical tour today and we were tired. So when we got off the subway (a little over a mile from our house) we spent about 2 hours drinking our way home.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • What is Boystown? I thought it was like, some place where naughty boys go to live (ok, so that is what my parents used to tell my brother, anyway)?
  • Ha Sun, I could see how it would sound like that! Boystown is a part of a neighborhood in Chicago that emphasizes gay pride and is where a large portion of the LGBTQ community lives or parties. More gay bars than unaffiliated bars, etc. It has a reputation for being a crazy party area, and it's awesome on Halloween!
  • Oh, hahaha. Well, THAT was certainly not what I was thinking (although I did guess that I had to be wrong given that there's no way they'd have bars in a home for naughty boys, hahaha). Actually, I just looked it up, and we do have boystown- a charity organisation which used to run homes for foster boys and kids in trouble with the law- here. My parents weren't lying, lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards