New York-New York City
Options

Big wedding for medium budget

For all you gals who have gotten married or are well informed about what is out there.. Is it possible to pull off a 200 person wedding for $20,000- $25,000? We are willing to do in outer boroughs or a bit outside the city (we live in Brooklyn). We are willing to do it on a fri or Sunday. We want to do a summer wedding (June 2013?). We are willing to do a buffet and bring our own liquor. We just want everyone to have fun, dance to a DJ, drink and eat and have fun. We are hoping for a more outdoorsy feel. I love the botanical garden in Brooklyn but its so expensive. I can't afford more than 100$ pp. help!

Re: Big wedding for medium budget

• Options
    If your willing to do a Sunday afternoon brunch wedding, you can def. stay between $20,000-25,000. When I first started to look, I was looking in Long Island and I found a few places that were really reasonable with pricing on a Sunday. I would try the Coral House and Thatched Cottage. Both have beautiful garden areas and lakes. Congrats on your engagement!
  • Options
    Try a historic house site rental. You will have to do more work since t's just the raw space, but my fiance's brother and sister in law did something similar and their wedding was under $20k! 
  • Options
    since you're on a budget for a large number of people maybe you should consider hiring a wedding planner who normally does budget weddings on a dialy basis. that way they already have established connections and know all the affordable places that still offer good service.we recently hired elite(b)events and she specializes in elegant unique weddings on a budget. so far she is great to work with, has great reviews,very knowledgeable, very professional, and the best part is she specializes in budget weddings! check her out she may be able to help you.
    www.elitebevents.com
    good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards