New York-New York City

kosher caterers

Foremost or Newman & Leventhal...I'm so confused.  Do they provide tastings before you sign to get an idea?  HELP!!!! Thanks

Re: kosher caterers

• RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I have had Foremost before, I thought it was good.  Haven't tried the other one (to my knowledge).  I used Main Event and was very happy with them.  http://www.mecaterers.com/

image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You should ask if they will offer a tasting, though a lot of times they say they will once you contract and you never get one (that's been the case so far with Main Event; though I am happy I chose them, I'm disappointed we haven't had a tasting as discussed).

I've only heard of Foremost; if you want to check out other places where you can sample foods, you can also try Village Crown, among a few others.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Prestige. I am having a tasting and so far have been very happy.
  • edited December 2011
    Shirz903, curious when you had your tasting?  We are going to have ours after our rsvps are in, though I feel that the timing is a bit odd because if you hate it, you are stuck.  Perhaps there should be some standard in the industry that it's done before booking, or shortly thereafter with an option to leave if it's not up to par, though I know many caterers wouldn't be very happy...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards