Wedding Etiquette Forum

Back from Thanksgiving...

2»

Re: Back from Thanksgiving...

• That's horrible.  If I had cats I would never make them outdoor cats.  I've had too many neighbors who have found their cat dead in the street, or I've just been annoyed to find them in my garage and under my car. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • This actually looks pretty easy to make!
    It's not glamorous, but it should work.  And I think I'd be able to hide it so I don't get in trouble from the stupid association.
    Photobucket
  • my kitties think its crazy that the dog has to go outside to go potty
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah it would definitely just look like a storage bin.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh i've gotten a letter from the association before cause I had a little black garbage can out front for the dog potty bags.  Yep.  I hate living in an association.
    Photobucket
  • That sucks.  I wish our complex would give out notices for things.  We all have a 1 car garage and a 1 car driveway, but apparently everyone keeps too much crap in their garage to park there, so they park one car in the garage and one perpindicular in front of it, blocking the sidewalk.  I hate it, and its supposed to be against the rules here, but nobody ever gets in trouble for it.  Walking the dog sucks because you constantly have to walk in the street around cars and garbage cans that are on the sidewalk on Friday still after the garbage was collected on Monday.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • We've been here 5 years now and the ridiculous-ness seems to have slowed down.  We did get a new property manager, so I think that has something to do with it.  
    Photobucket
  • That's good.  H's old townhouse complex in NY was pretty bad.  There was a shared courtyard which was basically our backyard, and dogs weren't allowed in it.  So anytime we took Stewie out we had to take him for a walk.  Yet people could leave toys and bikes all over the place.  They also had all these rules about what could be out front and what couldn't be, and what could be shown in our windows.  New management took over about a month before we moved and she was much much better, and loved dogs.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • My cats are going crazy at the moment, I think they know I'm going to make a house for their outdoor friend.
    Photobucket
  • Haha thats pretty funny.  Stewie is snoring away on the guest bed pillows right now. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Beefy gets his staples out Wednesday!  Yay!
    Photobucket
  • Autumn is sacked out in her bed right now.
  • I wish I could sleep all day like  my dog :)  So spoiled.  
    Photobucket
  • Yay for Beefy!  Does he have more energy now?

Seriously Stewie's day consisted of sleeping on the guest bed while I knotted this morning, going for a walk, sleeping on the couch for 3 hours, going for another walk, eating leftover turkey and gravy mixed in with his food, and now sleeping on the guest bed again.  Seriously, who wouldn't want that life?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Tell me about it.  Autumn ate breakfast, went outside and barked at the neighbor, napped in her bed, went outside and barked at some kids in the street, and the neighbors cat (that she keeps leashed to the garage half the day???), made sure the front and hte back yards had no suspicious activity, came in and took a nap.  Ate dinner, played with H and her favorite friend (our best man/dog-sitter extraordinaire), guarded the bread machine (it smelled good and made noise???) and now she is sleeping again.
  • Yes, he's pretty much back to his usual self, except he is still on strict activit restrictions.  So no running, no jumping, no stairs and he can only go out on a leash for short walks.  He's going to be bouncing off the walls for the next month.
    Photobucket
  • I can't imagine trying to keep a big dog calm and relaxed.  Even Stewie would be hard to keep calm since he will get his random bursts of energy and run like crazy throughout the house.  Are you giving him anything for it?  Friends of ours have a border collie who needed surgery, and even though he is 7 he has more energy than any puppy I've ever seen.  They were giving him children's benadryl while recovering so that he was okay with not running around.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Luckily, Beefy is as lazy a dog as they come.  So he's perfectly content laying around all day.  He's mad he can't go on the couch, but otherwise it's pretty easy.  Especially since he's the only pet there right now and gets all the attention.  If it were my other dog, it would be much harder.
    Photobucket
  • Haha Stewie used to be full of energy but has quickly becoem a lazy dog since we moved here.  If we take him to the dog park then all bets are off, but for the most part he spends his days sleeping, snoring, eating and farting.  Maybe once a day he will go get a toy and bring it to me.  He used to chase it forever, basically until H and I stopped throwing it.  Now he is usually good for maybe 2 chases, then looks at me like WTH did you throw it again?

imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards