Wedding Etiquette Forum

Thank You card for gift before the wedding...

Our wedding is 44 days away and we're beginning to receive gifts in the mail. Should the thank you card be sent right away or after the wedding? And does it make a difference if the gift is from someone who isn't vs. is attending the wedding?

Re: Thank You card for gift before the wedding...

• All of y'all are correct.  Good job!  Keep it up.

:back to the couch to supervise:
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Yes, send it now. I'm getting married next weekend and got my first wedding gift in July, from someone who is coming to the wedding (before invitations even went out).

If you're planning on getting personalized TY notes after the wedding, just pick up a pack of plain ones at Target now for the gifts you'll get before the wedding. Technically, etiquette dictates you send a gift ahead of time to the host's home, so you'll probably get a few more, in addition to shower gifts if you have a shower.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Yep, what everyone else said....send'em now.

The only difference between people coming or not coming is you can write "We're so glad you're coming and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!" or "We're sorry you can't make it but we'll be thinking of you!"
    photo c5dc5e88-48f8-44ab-b391-57c945a2a7c9_zps31846873.jpg

Abigail and Emily born at 38w5d
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    "Two Babies, Two Boobies" - That's how I roll.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards