New York-New York City
Options

WHO WANTS TO GET MARRIED IN SEPTEMBER 2011? WE NEED A MIRACLE..

This is a long shot, but we need a miracle of sorts.  Back in February, we had booked a reception hall in Queens, NY called Astoria World Manor for our September 4th, 2011 wedding.  It's a lovely little place with good bang for your buck.  For a guest list of 150 people we were slated to pay about $7,500. ($40 pp plus taxes, fees, chapel use, etc.)  Up until this point we have paid our balance down so there is currently $2300 left on our tab, with the final payment being August 10th for the remainder. 

We just got hit with a double whammy - my fiance has been laid off from his job, AND a few days later our landlord informed us that he is selling the house and needs us out by the end of summer.  We can't possibly conceive of how a wedding would be financially possible - we just don't have those kinda resources.  The bad thing is, we cannot get a refund for the amount from the venue because it's so close to the date, UNLESS they re-book the room for that date.  We really could use the money that is sitting in their bank account to move into a new apartment.  We don't have family that have that type of money just laying around either, and with an 11 month old daughter and an ailing mother in law living with us, it is imperative that we find a new place. 

Is there anyone out there, who is looking to get married in NYC in September of this year, and would be willing to take our spot so that we can have our money back and move?  I'm at my wits end and am grasping at straws right now.  I'm praying for a miracle.  Thank you to anyone who responds.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards