Wedding Etiquette Forum

Potterphiles 3.0

I... may or may not be having a heart attack right about now...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs687.snc4/62691_453960949312_156794164312_4810963_3772885_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs682.snc4/62204_453961004312_156794164312_4810966_4915858_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs702.snc4/62204_453960999312_156794164312_4810965_711577_n.jpg

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Re: Potterphiles 3.0

• You are definitely not alone. No joke, I literally burst into tears every time the trailer comes on. #addictedtopotter, party of me.
  • I meant to post these for you this morning.

The blood spatter... the authentic wands (I didn't buy a wand in HPLand, but I wanted to)... the dirt... AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read that the power plants have a place in the movie; they face dementors there?

Fellow Potterphiles, will you be watching first in 2-D or 3-D?

I'm posting the rest of my pics tomorrow. Inclduing the one thing I DID buy. It's small, don't get too excited.

• I cry too; I made my H leave the room the other day so I could watch it alone. He said, "So you can cry?" I'm predictable.

I'm taking one of those travel packs of Kleenex with me to the theater.
  • Why is Ron standing next to hyperbolic cooling towers? I'm confused.
  • I'm seeing the midnight in Imax 3D and then I'll see it again in whatever's available I suppose :)
  • We're doing the midnight show in 2-D; it's not IMAX, and I always get distracted by the sides of the glasses, so I don't want that to hinder me. But the 2nd time'll be in 3-D, just to see the difference.

I tried to reserve tickets this morning, but my podunk theater doesn't let you online, so I'll need to call them at some point. I might also head to the theater at 7:00 that day to get my pick of seats.
  • You can get tickets already? We can't buy 'em until mid-October I believe.

Jay and I got there last time at 7:00pm for the midnight show and there were like two hundred people in front of us. We'll be doing 5:00pmish this time. Gah.
  • Well, I saw on ew.com that someone had pre-ordered, so I went to try, but failed.

Last year, to avoid the midnight crowds, we just went to the 5:00 showing the next day, which was still crowded, but I have to do midnight this time.
  • Wow, when did Harry get all hot and stuff?

Alas, I will not be able to see HP until a couple weeks after because H thinks he can't handle the crazies. I'm trying to talk him into an early Saturday or Sunday and I think he'll cave.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • BTW, if they're trying to bring nuclear power to mind with those stupid towers...FAIL.

The operating British reactors don't have cooling towers. Those probably belong to some coal plant.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_potterphiles-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:164c2b7c-d9e2-483d-a144-1afdf883f3daPost:67c6de87-34ed-4ea0-94f8-1c6b4e2addc2">Re: Potterphiles 3.0</a>:
    [QUOTE]BTW, if they're trying to bring nuclear power to mind with those stupid towers...FAIL. The operating British reactors don't have cooling towers. Those probably belong to some coal plant.
    Posted by opalsky007[/QUOTE]

I think it's a bit early yet to be judging no? Or making assumptions like that? We don't even know where those are in the movie and the three of 'em do travel around quite a lot in the book.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_potterphiles-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:164c2b7c-d9e2-483d-a144-1afdf883f3daPost:5bbf1c01-57cd-4f11-8a85-86d6f86503c7">Re: Potterphiles 3.0</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, when did Harry get all hot and stuff?
    Posted by waltzingmatilda13[/QUOTE]

Um yeah. Right?! RIGHT?! I used to think when he was like twelve and stuff that he was going to be a good looking man... then he went through a weirdo awkward stage and I stopped thinking that. But he's kinda hot now.
  • Assumptions like what? They travel a lot, within Britain. But there are no British nuclear plants in operation with towers like that. There are plenty of other types of plants with towers like that, but people aren't as scared of them, even if they are more dangerous than nuke plants.

These ads are intended to invoke fear. So I have to think that fear of nuclear is what they were going for. The advertising may have nothing to do with what actually happens in the movie, but I get really hot and bothered when companies play up fear of nuclear power this way. It's kinda what I do for a living
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_potterphiles-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:164c2b7c-d9e2-483d-a144-1afdf883f3daPost:5bbf1c01-57cd-4f11-8a85-86d6f86503c7">Re: Potterphiles 3.0</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Wow, when did Harry get all hot and stuff?</strong> Alas, I will not be able to see HP until a couple weeks after because H thinks he can't handle the crazies. I'm trying to talk him into an early Saturday or Sunday and I think he'll cave.
    Posted by waltzingmatilda13[/QUOTE]

I confess I looked at the naked Harry Potter pics when HP (sorry, I will always think of him as HP) was in Equus.  Please tell me I'm not the only one.
  • Opal, I think they're just trying to say exactly what the poster say "Nowhere is safe." I've driven around the English country side before from London to Stonehenge to Canterbury and I probably saw at least 3 sites with towers like that. Whether or not they were in operation as nuclear facilities or whatever, it's just place. I don't think the Tower Bridge is supposed to be scary or a random city.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well you followed up "assumptions like what" there with a list of assumptions... that should be pretty self-explanatory no? You can't know that they are nuclear plants in the movie; you don't know that they're going for fear of nuclear plants/power; you don't know that they just stay in England. It's a movie. It's not going to be line for line like the book. They're just sets, they could be anything. That's all I'm saying.

I think to say they're playing up fear of nuclear is a stretch, that's all. I mean, what are they doing with Harry then? Fear of... the Lloyds of London building...? Or Hermione? Fear of... City Hall? Or Tower bridge? I dunno. I just think I was a bit taken aback by your whole hog bash on it without possibly being able to know the context in which it's used, that's all.

(but we all know Harry Potter owns my life, so I'm gonna get uppity about it Wink)
  • I'm not into the ginger thing, but he's definitely improved with age - also, I think of the three of them, he's the best actor.

And OWN... you may or may not be alone in this... :whistles:
  • Oh man, I am so freaking excited!  I squeal whenever the promo comes on TV. 
    White Knot Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Alix, I'm sorry, I get a little overexcited about this stuff. Whether or not there's nuclear in the movie (I have some spoilers from reading video game reviews.), I don't like seeing what others perceive to be a symbol of my industry, which has long been portrayed as unsafe, next to a caption that adds to that negative image. I'm sensitive to it because it's a very real thing that I see every day.
  • I'm excited!

My ex kinda looks like Harry Potter. This is an old picture, and not a great one, but...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards