Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Anyone else waiting for beer-30, Rum-o'clock or wine-45?

I am... I would start now, but there is no one to drink with !!

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Anyone else waiting for beer-30, Rum-o'clock or wine-45?

• Options
    I'm waiting for the nap that I'm about to take in 20 minutes when I get off work. :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Ugh, yes.  I'd like it to be wine-45, though.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    It's not quite 11am yet, so not boozies for me. But I say go for it - we're here with you
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    I am! I am! A few more hours till the festivities begin!
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options

UGH. so jealous. mine doesn't start until I am done with work around 9...

but then it is on bitches.

• Options
    Was your cruise cancelled?

The Capt decided to stay in tonight, so he relieved H of watch.  We are about to start wine-o-clock in 5.4.3.2.1 (he just handed me my glass)

The skys are even clearing so the fireworks may still be on!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-waiting-beer-30-rum-oclock?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1bb4b4f5-3398-43c7-a4c2-d5d0b295667cPost:b30848fd-6578-48ee-a53d-f0411a646492">Re: Anyone else waiting for beer-30 or Rum-o'clock?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Was your cruise cancelled? The Capt decided to stay in tonight, so he relieved H of watch.  We are about to start wine-o-clock in 5.4.3.2.1 (he just handed me my glass) The skys are even clearing so the fireworks may still be on!
    Posted by aMrsin09[/QUOTE]

Yep... of course after I got there and setup the boat.  At least I get  shift pay for 4 hours even though I only worked 1 hour.

Yay for H being about to get off.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Ugh Brie Wine 45 is my favorite time of day!

Too many hours until then though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-waiting-beer-30-rum-oclock?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1bb4b4f5-3398-43c7-a4c2-d5d0b295667cPost:a170bef3-b694-40fa-9875-42ea2a647f29">Re: Anyone else waiting for beer-30 or Rum-o'clock?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm waiting for the nap that I'm about to take in 20 minutes when I get off work. :)
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

This. Also watching all my girly shows (cough*KeepingupwiththeKardashings*cough*) while FI is still at work.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Im personally waiting for quarter after vodka to start, but that doesnt happen till after dinner so its still a while away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards