Wedding Etiquette Forum

FML

As in f* my life.  Just found out that my final research paper about incest is due this Thursday, not next Thursday as I'd thought.  I just spent the past few hours reading, but I need to get my mind off it.

What should you be doing instead of Knotting?

Re: FML

• I'm gonna expand on my choice.  Making brownies involves a set amount of time (with Law & Order you can always watch just one more) and you have brownies at the end of it.  And if you don't want those brownies you can send them to me.

I just got the "What Color is Your Parachute" book that someone recommended the other day so I should probably be reading that....
  • I'm multi-tasking.  Cooking and Knotting.  Oh, and fb. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fml-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1c012877-fa82-4433-a192-3b14177ea829Post:68f37226-9145-433f-a157-20be05085411">Re: FML</a>:
    [QUOTE]with Law & Order you can always watch just one more
    Posted by julezlee[/QUOTE]

Truer words were never, ever spoken. It's seriously like a drug to me.  I've gone through 4 whole seasons (about 80 episodes, give or take 60 hours of my life) since mid-September. Damn you, Neflix instant!
  • DH thinks I've seen every SVU episode ever shot.  I actually haven't but every time one comes on USA or whatever I'm like "I've seen this one but we can watch it.  Wanna know who the bad guy is?"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fml-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1c012877-fa82-4433-a192-3b14177ea829Post:2aca2040-8bfc-4722-bf71-f9a5713b6814">Re: FML</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FML : Truer words were never, ever spoken. It's seriously like a drug to me.  I've gone through 4 whole seasons (about 80 episodes, give or take 60 hours of my life) since mid-September. Damn you, Neflix instant!
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

That and, as soon as you see the first 30 seconds of a new episode, you're sucked in and committed to watching the whole thing.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fml-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1c012877-fa82-4433-a192-3b14177ea829Post:d7650c38-95ed-4a44-b8cf-9f7163ab2af2">Re: FML</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FML : That and, as soon as you see the first 30 seconds of a new episode, you're sucked in and committed to watching the whole thing.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]
    One of my friends told me about how they don't show commercials between episodes during marathons. So, the episode ends and the new one begins within 30 seconds. There's no escape.
  • It's a conspiracy.  Or really good planning, because it TOTALLY works.

So, I think watching it would be a bad idea.  I vote for a nap, but that's because I like to nap.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • tlv204tlv204 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2009
    I'm confused. Does anyone else see heels instead of poli in the avatar for the OP? But in a response I see poli.

edit: now it's just poli. Some random glitch I guess. Hmmm.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Arb, I wish I could do preemptive TY notes and then have them ready to go right after the shower and the wedding. I hate the generic "Thank you for the lovely, erm, gift!" cards without any mention of what I got them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fml-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:1c012877-fa82-4433-a192-3b14177ea829Post:cfd052cd-52a7-4c1a-ae7f-31b4bbd70302">Re: FML</a>:
    [QUOTE]Arb, I wish I could do preemptive TY notes and then have them ready to go right after the shower and the wedding. I hate the generic <strong>"Thank you for the lovely, erm, gift!" cards without any mention of what I got them</strong>.
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

It makes me sad to think people do this.  However, I have seen worse.  I saw someone just send a generic photocard with Thank You pre-printed on it.  No message.  At all.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fml-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1c012877-fa82-4433-a192-3b14177ea829Post:e35b328f-701e-4a6a-ad34-1d9c4176679b">Re: FML</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FML : It makes me sad to think people do this.  However, I have seen worse.  I saw someone just send a generic photocard with Thank You pre-printed on it.  No message.  At all.
    Posted by 7749625430588966[/QUOTE]

As much as that sucks, at least they're sending thank you cards. Kind of.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • I vote that you write a paragraph, and then reward yourself with brownies. That way, while you make the brownies, you can think about how you'll structure the rest of the paper.

(ok, so that's not really procrastination/avoidance, but I think you'll feel better that way!)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fml-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1c012877-fa82-4433-a192-3b14177ea829Post:9e4f3f30-8a83-49f3-9950-48ba830090a3">Re: FML</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm confused. Does anyone else see heels instead of poli in the avatar for the OP? But in a response I see poli. edit: now it's just poli. Some random glitch I guess. Hmmm.
    Posted by tlv204[/QUOTE]

I saw this the other day- only it was 'Knot Jen' in the post about us keeping the talk to etiquette only- which was rather fitting really so it took me awhile to realise that it was a glitch!
  • I have a ton of crap on the computer to work on (DIY Christmas gifts and DIY wedding stuff) and a fun new DIY wedding project to work on off the computer.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fml-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:1c012877-fa82-4433-a192-3b14177ea829Post:cd4676f6-4d45-4092-b8d3-4dbc6552736a">Re: FML</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FML : I saw this the other day- only it was 'Knot Jen' in the post about us keeping the talk to etiquette only- which was rather fitting really so it took me awhile to realise that it was a glitch!
    Posted by thesuninherhead[/QUOTE]

Wait, I was out of state and missed this. Did the knot gods ask us to keep the talk to etiquette only?!?
  • Sarah, no, no, it was a glitch. It was on the post by that random chick who came here complaining about us having non-wedding related talk. For some reason, the knot went a bit crazy and when I looked at that page, Knot Jen was listed as the OP even though in reality it was just some random. It seems to happen rather randomly that it just substitutes another poster's details for the OP, but when you re-load the page it corrects itself.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards