New York-New York City
Options

Does anyone know a good Cuban restaurant?

My FI and I are planning to have a restaurant reception for about 30 people.  We are looking for a Cuban restaurant that has a space for private parties.  Any suggestions?

Re: Does anyone know a good Cuban restaurant?

• Options
    LizziM50LizziM50 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE Cuba on Thompson:
    http://www.cubanyc.com/cuba/cuba/media/cubarestaurant.html

They have space for private parties and when i've been there on the weekends thay have live music and a professional cigar roller. Definitely try their mojitos!
  • Options
    lizzonyclizzonyc member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE Cabanas...I know there are a few, but I always go to the one at the Seaport...amazing views...food & drinks are great!!!!  (I might be biased b/c this is where my FI proposed lol)

good luck!
    Married 10/10/10 Baby due 10/03/11 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker My Bio/Blog...updated 9/01
  • Options
    SwankyPlannerSwankyPlanner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would highly suggest Calle Ocho on Columbus & 81st.  We did a wedding there recently and the staff was wonderful and the food was amazing.  Portions are huge, variety is authentic, and ingredients were wonderfully fresh.  They have a small private area off to the side of the main room, but if that isn’t big enough for your group, the room can be split up nicely making you feel like you’ve got your own section but are still in the mix of the energy of the restaurant.  The space has a lovely eclectic ambiance but can certainly be dressed up.
    Here's a photo of how the space looked for our event.

Congratulations and have a great time!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i second Calle Ocho--it is classy with excellent food! it's one of my special occasion favorites.i know a few other cuban restaurants but none that are really right for a wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards