Wedding Etiquette Forum

How far in advance should our rsvp date be?

Our venue needs to know the final headcount a week before the wedding.  What is a good time line to give the guests to rsvp?  Is 3 weeks before ok?  This way we have 3 weeks to get the seating chart done and to track down anyone who may have not responded?  We are getting ready to order our invites this week.

Thanks!
Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: How far in advance should our rsvp date be?

• Glad you asked I was thinking 3 weeks out too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 2 weeks before your numbers are due is a good rule of thumb.  That gives you plenty of time to follow up with stragglers & make any changes you need to.  However, if your final numbers are due any more than 2 weeks out, I'd lower your RSVP deadline to a week before that.  I feel that anything more than 3 weeks before the wedding gets into the "B-list" territory (obviously not that you would be doing that, but it could seem that way to guests for your deadline to be so far in advance).
    Anniversary
  • I did what Emily suggested. 
  • I had it 4 weeks out but many people were late so i am really glad we did not set it for 3 weeks...
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • We did ours four weeks out. In hindsight, I would have had them closer to two weeks.

For the seating chart, I had a basic idea once I finished the guest list, and I just tweaked it as I received RSVPs. It was pretty stress free.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_far-advance-should-rsvp-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:214e982a-0893-4c7d-b27e-02826792dee2Post:e745fad1-8e80-400e-8bbc-60155b409502">Re: How far in advance should our rsvp date be?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about if lots of the guests are travelling from out of the country?  Just curious.
    Posted by lodonnell616[/QUOTE]

That should make no difference. 
  • What about if lots of the guests are travelling from out of the country?  Just curious.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards