Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Hotel changing minimum revenue quote--can I fight back?

Hello ladies. My wedding is on 9/17 (yay!). When I was negotiating with my venue they said they had a minimum revenue requirement of $15K. My package was priced at $75 pp for everything except dinner (using outside catering). So I emailed the coordinator and asked her if the per person charge goes towards the minimum revenue. She emailed back and said "yes the $75 goes towards it so if you have 200 guests, 200 x 75 is 15000 and you'll meet the requirement.

So, we tailor our guest list to expect around 200 guests.

Fast forward to last week, when she emails and says that she doesn't think we will meet the minimum requirement since, according to her now, only 2/3 of the $75 goes towards it and gratuity and linen/chair rental charges doesn't. She then asked if I wanted to upgrade my appetizers or add another dessert, etc to meet the requirement.

This was all news to me! I emailed her back and forwarded her the response she had given me. I explained that we tailored out guest list according to the info she had herself given us and that if we knew that we would have to pay additional we would have decided that this venue was above our budget.

She emails and says she made a mistake when she gave us that information but that she will honor what she said. She then asked if we could "assist her mistake" by ordering extra appetizers or dessert from the hotel. I told her we would see what the final counts are and will regroup--I left it vague since I need to think about this.

I'm sure that I don't need to pay for someone's mistake. I'm also confident that since I have her quote documented, I don't need to legally pay extra. However, do I risk alienating the venue before the wedding?Would they be upset and do a substandard job as a result?  The difference would come up to about $4000 which is a lot of extra money that we had not budgeted for.

I just wanted to see what your take on the situation is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards