New York-New York City

Small Intimate Wedding NYC Restaurant? Help?

My fiancee and I are planning a small wedding reception in NYC. About 25 people. Looking for a beautiful space with excellent food that is classy but not too stuffy. We were thinking maybe one of the private rooms at the 21 club, but does anyone have any other suggestions? Im drawing a blank. We lived in NYC for 6 years and just moved to Chicago this summer so any help is much much appreciated.

THANKS!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Small Intimate Wedding NYC Restaurant? Help?

• edited December 2011
    Have you thought about having it on a boat?  I went to a private party around Manhattan and it was breathtaking. 

Another suggestion is to look for lofts that rent out space just for weddings parties, etc.  I would imagine they would have some pretty views.

Or you could look into The River Cafe.  It's in Brooklyn, but overlooks the Manhattan skyline.  There is a beautiful private room.  Last time I was there it was bieng used for a wedding and the couple got married outside overlooking with Manhattan as the backdrop.  The food is absolutely amazing - one of the best restaurants I've been to.  Here's the link:  http://rivercafe.com
  • edited December 2011
    The Gramercy Hotel or the Library Hotel-- two gorgeous spots.
  • edited December 2011
    We had our reception for the same size at Salt in SoHo. It's one of our favorite restaurants. We had the whole place to ourselves and they did an amazing amazing job.
  • edited December 2011
    DelPosto - they have AMAZING food and these absolutely STUNNING private rooms, and your size would be perfect for my favorite one!

Definitely check it out, and if you work with Abby, she's an absolute sweetheart and makes your life/planning SO very easy!

http://delposto.com/dining.htm

Toscana - up to 40 guests
    Gattinara (wine cellar) - I think it's up to 25 or maybe less?
  • edited December 2011
    Hundred Acres has a nice room in the back. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! We ended up going with the bank vault room at Blue Water Grill!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards