Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Sister as Bridesmaid

I wanted to know how to handle a sister whom I do not get along with? We just got into it the yesterday which reminded me why I didn't want her to be a bridesmaid in the first place. Problem is that I've already asked her to be a bridesmaid but only because my mother pushed for it. Since my older sister is in my wedding (as well as our baby sister who will play a small role) my mother didn't want for my younger sister to feel left out...I doubt she would've cared. My younger sister and I do not get along. She is too opinionated, self absorbed, selfish etc and likes to have things her way. I know that I can't remove her from the wedding party but I would like to deal with her as little as possible. Would it be ok to have my older sister (My MOH) talk to her about things like dress fittings, rehearsal etc so I don't have to deal with any of her nonsense?  

Re: Sister as Bridesmaid

• Options
    I was in a similar situation when my younger sister got married two years ago.  Our older sister & I don't get along with her all that well due to the same reasons you don't get along with your sister and felt like we were obligatory bridesmaids.  We didn't really deal with her a lot as most of her requests (read: demands) were relayed to us through our mother.

You could send a generic email to all of your bridesmaids giving them details about the rehearsal (time, location) and the dress (style, color, order deadline).  It takes all the pressure off you and puts the responsibility on them.
  • Options
    thanks for the reply. I've been dreading this. I still have some time to go but last night she really grated my skin and I know that it'll get worst with her, it usually does. But I'll try what you suggested, it seems like a better alternative.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards