Favorite inspirational movie?

Wedding idea you love?

How old are you? FI/DH?

Thing you want to tell H/FI to STOP:

Guilty pleasure?

Re: Polio

• Options
    Favorite inspirational movie? The Blindside <3

Wedding idea you love? Ummm..anything vintage?

How old are you? FI/DH? I'm 24---DH is 36.

Thing you want to tell H/FI to STOP:  Leaving the cupboard doors open.

Guilty pleasure? Fruit snacks. I'm 5.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Favorite inspirational movie? Field of Dreams or Angels in the Outfield.  Can't help myself.

Wedding idea you love? The ribbon pomanders I officially decided on for church decorations.

How old are you? FI/DH? I'm 22, and FI is 22 (1/2 month older than me, which he doesn't let me forget)

Thing you want to tell H/FI to STOP: Forgetting your meds because you don't want to deal with your health issues, and enabling your mother.

Guilty pleasure? coffee.

***raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways***
    oh noes, sweetpea UPDATED her planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Favorite inspirational movie?  Rudy

Wedding idea you love? fish centerpieces  (I kid)

How old are you? FI/DH?
      me 36  him 38

Thing you want to tell H/FI to STOP: talking to himself while playing the Xbox

Guilty pleasure?
    this week, Cadbury mini eggs
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Favorite inspirational movie? Not sure...I'm drawing a blank right now.

Wedding idea you love? Using family heirloom pieces.

How old are you? FI/DH? I'm 26, he's almost 25

Thing you want to tell H/FI to STOP: Leaving his laundry everywhere BUT the basket.

Guilty pleasure? Since it's almost Easter, Munson's mini chocolate eggs.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Favorite inspirational movie?  Does Office Space count?

Wedding idea you love?  haven't fallen in love with any yet...but I'm liking the idea of a unity candle more and more

How old are you? FI/DH? I'm 32.  FI is 35

Thing you want to tell H/FI to STOP:  Buying crap on the internet..but it's his money and he can technically do what he wants with it.

Guilty pleasure?  internet stalking people who don't like me

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • Options
    Bonus question: I totally thought this was going to be about ACTUAL Polio, in which case I was going to tell you I watched a really great documentary on it the other day. Ha!

Favorite inspirational movie? Love Actually.  I'm all about the lil guy running through the airport to catch his lady :)

Wedding idea you love?  I'm still hung up on those mini pies in jars somebody posted here forever ago.

How old are you? FI/DH? 24/28

Thing you want to tell H/FI to STOP: Snoring, except I think I do it too sometimes, oops.

Guilty pleasure?  I like to try every brand new Ben & Jerry's flavor once.  Over time of course.
  • Options
    Favorite inspirational movie? Shawshank Redemption

Wedding idea you love? Personalized wedding vows

How old are you? 23 FI/DH/? My boyfriend is 26

Thing you want to tell H/FI to STOP: chewing with his mouth open/licking his fingers

Guilty pleasure? "16 and Pregnant"
    Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_polio?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:30e73a94-f418-4ab6-99c7-8170c5562168Post:1e15b54c-c4bc-43ff-8f91-d1f0927a1094">Re: Polio</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bonus question: I totally thought this was going to be about ACTUAL Polio, in which case I was going to tell you I watched a really great documentary on it the other day. Ha! <strong>Favorite inspirational movie? Love Actually.</strong>  I'm all about the lil guy running through the airport to catch his lady :) Wedding idea you love?  I'm still hung up on those mini pies in jars somebody posted here forever ago. How old are you? FI/DH? 24/28 Thing you want to tell H/FI to STOP: Snoring, except I think I do it too sometimes, oops. Guilty pleasure?  I like to try every brand new Ben & Jerry's flavor once.  Over time of course.
    Posted by kate51485[/QUOTE]

I've never seen this, but keep wanting to buy it.  Is it really up to all the hype?

***raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways***
    oh noes, sweetpea UPDATED her planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Guilty pleasure?  I like to try every brand new Ben & Jerry's flavor once.  Over time of course.   <---a Spartan fan AND Ben & Jerry's lover?  I couldn't love you more right now
    Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Favorite inspirational movie? Ice Castles

Wedding idea you love? eating cake

How old are you? FI/DH? both 24

Thing you want to tell H/FI to STOP: hmmmm...I can't think of anything right now.  He made really good BBQ chicken on the grill.

Guilty pleasure? the jonas brothers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_polio?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:30e73a94-f418-4ab6-99c7-8170c5562168Post:751f9fc1-02c9-486f-b1e3-206492533562">Polio</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is getting slowwww tonight! Favorite inspirational movie?<strong> Remember the Titans</strong> Wedding idea you love?<strong> Simple ideas that really boost decor like awesome chair covers or  lighting.</strong> How old are you? FI/DH?  <strong>I am 25 and so is Mike but he is three weeks older. It was weird when he was in college the year below, we used to tease each other big time. </strong>Thing you want to tell H/FI to STOP<strong> How about stuffing socks he takes off into the couch? Finding them weeks later is NOT my idea of fun.</strong>: Guilty pleasure? <strong>Maury. It sounds cliche but my god does that man have a good show. </strong>
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Favorite inspirational movie? The Blind Side. We finally bought it today, and I'd been dying to watch it again. Additionally, I love Crash, Hotel Rwanda, Life as a House and Life is Beautiful. And it's a pretty equal level of "favorite"
    Wedding idea you love? I really, really loved the idea of a hot chocolate bar. So I had one.
    How old are you? 24, nearing 25.
    FI/DH? 25.
    Thing you want to tell H/FI to STOP: Always responding with "I don't know."
    Guilty pleasure? I play Sorority Life on Facebook. It's horrible, I know, but people are just so dramatic on there. It amuses me.

• Options
    Oh man, I came in here to share a great story about polio!  Damnit.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_polio?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:30e73a94-f418-4ab6-99c7-8170c5562168Post:5906cc46-ea76-4384-b5aa-bda5e278653a">Re: Polio</a>:
    [QUOTE]okay, sun, this is probably going to be annoying and something you may get a lot (and I'm so sorry, the honest truth is that I just have no idea about Australia at ALL)  but what part of Australia are you from?  And where is Melbourne and how far are you from that?  And when is the best time to visit, like, weather wise? We have a girl on our woman's basketball team from Australia, and she's from Melbourne.  Her mom was just over visiting and dang if she wasn't the sweetest woman I've ever met.  She invited FI (our campus broadcaster) and me to visit sometime and I really want to go, I just know nothing about Australia.  And I could google it, but you're right here!
    <p>Posted by sweetpea0911[/QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p>Sorry for my late reply- I promise I wasn't deliberately ignoring you, I just totally missed this post.</p><p> </p><p>Anyway- Melbourne is a beautiful city. Australia is, however, almost as big geographically as the states. It's a 3.5 hour flight from me. You could probably drive there in two or three days from where I live, haha. I live in Brisbane (which is south-east in the state of Queensland). Melbourne is in the state of Victoria. It's much further south than where I live, and thus generally cooler. I would say go in spring or autumn, although you could probably go in winter and not think it was too cold, as it doesn't snow there (or many places at all in Australia, for that matter). It's much cooler than where I live in winter, but it's not the type of winter you'd be used to. I would say that spring/autumn would be best though, because Melbourne summers tend to get warm (on the upside, it's not humid there so it's not unbearable). </p><p> </p><p>Australia is a BIG place, though. Getting from say, Brisbane to Perth, takes a 5 hour flight. It's not a small country by any means! </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>You should go! You should fly into Sydney, see all of the usual tourist stuff, and then go to Melbourne. OR, you could always fly direct to Brisbane (where I live- it's nice and warm here and we have very pretty beaches nearby), and then go to Sydney and Melbourne. </p>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards