New York-New York City
Options

Newly Engaged- Brooklyn Wedding

Hi all, 
I am newly engaged just last month and have been avoiding doing anything that involved the budget because it makes my head hurt. I'm looking to get married winter of 2013/14. Has anyone had or been to a New Years Eve wedding? I have been hearing both it's going to be more expensive and it's going to be cheaper. I have to start looking at places which brings me to my next wedding. Anyone familiar with the Dyker Beach Gold Course? I was told they are reasonably priced and I am going to go see what they have to offer me.

I don't know my budget yet because I haven't decided if I'm doing just immediately family and very close friends or everyone else in addition. I am torn and might just go find the biggest Knights of Columbus and see if they can accomodate 200+. 
I am open to any and all options.

Re: Newly Engaged- Brooklyn Wedding

• Options
    Around here, a New Year's Eve wedding is going to be crazy expensive because even though it's an unusual night for weddings, it's a crazy popular night for parties.  You're going to be competing with everyone else looking for a venue.  And some vendors (like photographers) may be unavailable that night because they have their own family and travel plans.  If you're dead set on that, then do it, but it's going to add to your headache.

As for the size of the party, that's really up to you and what you feel like taking on.  But the bigger the wedding, the fewer choices you have.
  • Options
    Dyker golf course is beautiful. I was going to have my wedding there but they were a little out of my range. They run about $150.00 p/p. Good luck!
  • Options
    Yeah it's a holiday night so any nplace that's really good will probably be expensive because they could be doing a NYE thing instead.
  • Options
    First of all, congratulations on your engagement. In my opinion, having a New Years Eve wedding isn't the best idea due to the fact the the price of your event will be much higher in any catering hall you select and because most people spend time with their family's on that day. I would recommend having your wedding in the winter time (dec. jan. feb.) in order to get the best price possible for you. A Catering Hall I will recommend to you is the Grand Prospect Hall in Brooklyn New York they have amazing wedding receptions and can even do your ceremony in the same place. The number is 718-788-0777 if you want to give it a try.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards