New York-New York City
Options

Reasonable Modern Venue for around 200 ppl in NYC?

Hi Ladies,

Can anyone recommend a reasonable modern venue in NYC for around 175 - 220 ppl? We are looking at the Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers, Tribeca Rooftop and their other floor, 360, Capitale and a few others but they seem high in price. Our friend just got married at Bridgewaters, so that is out, but we are looking at 24 Fifth even though we think we want a more modern feel.

Any opinons on this would be great. Thanks!

Re: Reasonable Modern Venue for around 200 ppl in NYC?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    When I first started looking I ran across 632 Hudson - you'll have to rent the space but then you can use your own caterer. I also really liked the look of the Botanical Gardens on Staten Island but they were around $145 (over our budget).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What do you consider reasonable? I think the Foundry in LIC is amazing, really cool and modern. I thought their venue fee was pretty steep, but it's the type of venue where you just pay to rent the space and have to take care of catering, furnishings, etc. yourself, so you may be able to save money in other areas.
  • Options
    anniebeewedanniebeewed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the Foundry! Maybe the Hudson Hotel?
  • Options
    RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if they can accomodate 200 people or not but I recently went to a wedding at the MPE Penthouse and it was a very nice-looking, modern space with rooftop access.  I believe they paid $5000 for the rental and then brought in their own catering, which they did buffet-style to save money.  www.mpepenthouse.com
  • Options
    JoAnne1027JoAnne1027 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat, maybe not quite 220 people, though. I feel so overwhelemed. Where do you even start?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Studio 450!
    632 is too small as is the Foundry (without paying for the tent that allows you to seat people outside).
    I'm an August '12 Studio 450 wedding as it was the optimal place for style, feel, but more importantly food (my choice) and capacity (250 so 200 is comfortable).
  • Options
    JoAnne1027JoAnne1027 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Studio 450 is gorgeous! Did you pick your caterer?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can reach Mimi Isles if you decide to go on with one of the venues above, she catered my wedding and the food was delicious. They are a Latin American catering comp. We LOVE them and highly recomend them- find them in fb New Mimi's Fusion of Flavors
    Olga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards