Wedding Etiquette Forum

Wedding Panic

I know this doesn't really fit on this forum, but it doesn't really fit anywhere.

My wedding is next week and I'm experiencing severe anxiety.  Work is very stressful, I have to stay till Friday, I have so many little things to do for the wedding that are adding up.  And on top of everything, at my bachelorette party this weekend I fell and knocked my front tooth out.  Luckily, I've already got a fake tooth put in that looks fine, but it's still not my smile.  I have 10 days for my fat lip to go down too.  I'm just so unbelieveably stressed, does anyone have any tips for destressing before the wedding.  I feel like I'm not going to be able to sleep for the next 10 days.

Re: Wedding Panic

• Make yourself a list of what needs to be done.  Highlight the items that must get done and do those first.  Then if time allows work on the items that aren't necessary just something that you would like.  If you don't get them all done at least they weren't a necessity.

As for your fat lip and missing tooth.  I am so sorry that happened to you but I was in a bridal party a few years back.  We went out for the brides bach party about two weeks before her wedding.  At the bach party (we were in a dance club) one of the BMs got punched in the mouth by a guy (I know, crazy, still makes me shake my head about it).  Well she split her lip horribly and it was immensly swollen.  But she kept putting ice on it over the next two weeks.  By the time the wedding came around her lip was practically back to normal.  In fact the little bit that it was still swollen made her look like her lips were plump and volumptuous...she was actually a bit sad when all the swelling went down and she was back to her normal thin lips LOL!

But really, a lot of brides get to the breaking point this close to their wedding.  You just need to breathe and enlist some help from your FI (not only with wedding stuff but with maybe a nice massage or home cooked dinner).

• Take a deep breath.

Admit that you can only do so much before the wedding.  And don't worry about the stuff you don't get done.

You'll be a much happier bride if you actually get some sleep, ya know?  Healthier, too.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Breath in and out through your nose, take 10 minutes and sit, take a walk, ice that lip.  Look at your list of to do's and decide which ones are not that important and remove them, take the remaining ones and ask for help from your FI, family, bridal party, etc.

rinse, lather, repeat
  • Make a list of everything you still have to do.  Ask fiance what he can help with & let him handle that stuff.  If your bridesmaids or mother/MIL ask if they can help with anything, give them something off the list.  Take whatever is remaining from the list & assign a few things per day (& actually do them!).  It will be much easier to to a little to-do list each day than 1 giant list.  Make 1 of your to-dos a pedicure or something relaxing.

Also, I can't help but picture the Hangover. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am sorry about your lip and tooth!  That really sucks but I think 10 days is enough time for the swelling to go down.  I agree with PPs who recommended prioritizing the most important items on your list.  I will tell you that the little things that didn't get done before my wedding were not noticed or missed. 

Also, I got a massage two days before my wedding and it was such a good idea.  It really helped me to relax.
  • thanks everyone, I know I don't think I'll be ever able to watch the Hangover again.  Luckily my FI has been termendously supportive about this whole tooth ordeal.  I took off from work and am going sit myself in front of the tv and watch some TLC with my ice. As everyone keeps reminding me, it's going to be a really funny story someday.  
  • kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    So sorry about your mouth...... I don't think anyone will even notice it at all. They'll be so amazed with how great your wedding is they won't be distracted by a silly little tooth! If it makes you feel better, my sister is an awful dancer and was throwing some elbows at her bachelorette party 6 years ago...... She cracked me in the face, breaking my nose and everything worked out just fine!
  • that is a new approach to white teeth and fuller lips!   

seriously as everyone else said ice and try to relax.

• Arnica is EXCELLENT for bruising and swelling. I usually use the cream kind, but they also make capsules that help speed recovery from swelling and bruising. You can get it at GNC. That may help with your lip!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• EK2013EK2013 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wedding-panic?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b620cef-685e-43c8-8789-6e4865d47388Post:1d21ba15-95b5-47bc-93d2-97f8d64e814c">Wedding Panic</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know this doesn't really fit on this forum, but it doesn't really fit anywhere. My wedding is next week and I'm experiencing severe anxiety.  Work is very stressful, I have to stay till Friday, I have so many little things to do for the wedding that are adding up.  And on top of everything, at my bachelorette party this weekend I fell and knocked my front tooth out.  Luckily, I've already got a fake tooth put in that looks fine, but it's still not my smile.  I have 10 days for my fat lip to go down too.  I'm just so unbelieveably stressed, does anyone have any tips for destressing before the wedding.  I feel like I'm not going to be able to sleep for the next 10 days.
    Posted by jessss21[/QUOTE]

<div>Hey, I was a July 28th bride. I couldn't sleep or eat more than tiny amounts for four or five days before the wedding; I had a job interview two days before the wedding and my now-DH is <em>still </em>interviewing places before the honeymoon!</div><div>
    </div><div>Here's my #1 piece of advice: do not let yourself <em>get </em>stressed about <em>feeling </em>stressed. It's okay to feel a bit stressed if you also do nice things for yourself. Have some tea, take a walk by yourself. Breathe and relax if you can. You won't look tired in your wedding pictures even if you feel tired now or miss a bunch of sleep.</div><div>
    </div><div>Anyone who offers to help who actually can, take them up on that. My poor MOH ended up painting my toenails because I forgot to do them before I got a manicure. My ladies helped me finish the table numbers a few days before because they just needed to get done.</div>
  • For the list portion of things, determine what helps you calm down most: for some people it's taking care of the most important things first; but for some people it's being able to check the most items off the list. I know that for me, when I'm stressed, doing the least time-consuming things first helps me be able to focus on the more time-consuming things. It also helps me feel more in control.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wedding-panic?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b620cef-685e-43c8-8789-6e4865d47388Post:d1e8d266-d8ca-44cd-bacb-3f1959e636ff">Re: Wedding Panic</a>:
    [QUOTE]Arnica is EXCELLENT for bruising and swelling. I usually use the cream kind, but they also make capsules that help speed recovery from swelling and bruising. You can get it at GNC. That may help with your lip!
    Posted by xxstardust[/QUOTE]

<div>I was going to suggest arnica, too.  I used the capsules after I got my wisdom teeth out, and after a few hours, my mouth didn't even look swollen.  I would highly recommend it if the swelling doesn't go down with ice as soon as you need it to.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards