Wedding Etiquette Forum

Poll Dancing

It's slooooow in here today. Here's a poll.

1. Favorite HS class and why?
2. What are you getting FI/DH for Christmas?
3. What did you have for lunch?
4. What do you want from Santa?
5. Weekend plans?
6. When's the last time you danced (around a poll or not)?

Re: Poll Dancing

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-dancing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b74668b-e398-492e-9ba2-dc2001ebe119Post:37dd8800-d88d-48b3-9608-4c94c1dc282f">Poll Dancing</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's slooooow in here today. Here's a poll. 1. Favorite HS class and why? <strong>Psychology, because...well that's what I want to do with my life.  </strong>2. What are you getting FI/DH for Christmas? <strong>Nothing :(  I haz no money, so any gift to him from me would actually be from himself.  Unless I get a job.  Then I don't know. </strong> 3. What did you have for lunch? <strong>Egg salad on wheat with carrots</strong> 4. What do you want from Santa? <strong>A job.  New clothes.  Money.  </strong>5. Weekend plans? <strong>It's Monday.  I have no idea.  </strong>6. When's the last time you danced (around a poll or not)?  <strong>I regularly dance around my apartment.  I like to dance while I clean.  It makes cleaning more fun, and makes it almost like an extra workout.</strong>
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]
  • edited November 2009

1. Favorite HS class and why? Drama classes and choir - I was a theatre kid

2. What are you getting FI/DH for Christmas? 6 month subscription to the Bacon of the Month club and RockBand 2

3. What did you have for lunch? Turkey Sandwich and a Berger cookie

4. What do you want from Santa? Beatles RockBand

5. Weekend plans? Jonathan Coulton concert and BB&B Registry Completion event

6. When's the last time you danced (around a poll or not)? Yesterday
  • 1. Favorite HS class and why?
        AP english - we read some great books
         no clue.  i'm open to suggestions
        shitty.  I forgot to eat.  Thanks for the reminder!
        snow
    5. Weekend plans?
         hair trial and other wedding countdown stuff
         saturday with my niece
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-dancing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b74668b-e398-492e-9ba2-dc2001ebe119Post:37dd8800-d88d-48b3-9608-4c94c1dc282f">Poll Dancing</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's slooooow in here today. Here's a poll. 1. Favorite HS class and why? 2. What are you getting FI/DH for Christmas? 3. What did you have for lunch? 4. What do you want from Santa? 5. Weekend plans? 6. When's the last time you danced (around a poll or not)?

1. Math.. i was good at it.
    2. Not sure yet.  He has a LOT of things already.
    3. Haven't ate yet, but when i do it's a turkey wrap
    4. A new coach bag
    5. In the car day before yesterday.. lol or last night in the kitchen.. Mark and I dance a lot.
  • edited November 2009
    1. Spanish
    2. some sort of fishing rod
    3. Amy's Enchiladas
    4. Nothing, really
    5. Dood! It's Monday!
    6. I dance all the time, but not around poles
  • 1. Favorite HS class and why?  physics, because it was so awesomely nerdy
    2. What are you getting FI/DH for Christmas? a windy occupation? Seriously, no clue, and we won't even be together for the holidays
    3. What did you have for lunch?  nuts. Seriously, I had a mixture of cashews and smoked almonds.
    4. What do you want from Santa?  a new exterior door for downstairs
    5. Weekend plans?  entertaining my former FIL who will be in town for our Lessons and Carols service Sunday night, at which my older daughter (his granddaughter) has a solo
    6. When's the last time you danced (around a poll or not)? I don't dance
  • 1. Favorite HS class and why? Drama because I liked drama and I could also goof off and smoke in the woods.
    2. What are you getting FI/DH for Christmas? We had agreed to not get eachother anything, but he ended up buying me something so I got him a book about Notre Dame football.
    3. What did you have for lunch? Salad and a baked potato
    4. What do you want from Santa? Beatles Rock Band and a Red Rider BBGun with a compass in the stock.
    5. Weekend plans? Hiding from my neighbors. The weekend after this one is when the parties start.
    6. When's the last time you danced (around a poll or not)? We dance every night while Ben is on the potty.
  • 1. Favorite HS class and why?   I loved English, and after I realized I had to memorize theorems to do proofs, I survived geometry and went on to love all the advanced math classes I took. I also loved history. I think this makes me a geek.
    2. What are you getting FI/DH for Christmas?  Ugh. Dunno. A GPS Spot thing, or a new Garmin Nuvi 1300, or....  for a surprise gift, I do want to take a fun landscape photo from our Moab vacation and have it made into a 16x20 poster and get it framed - we just did a wedding collage, and I think that would be neat on the same wall.
    3. What did you have for lunch? Instant Velveeta Mac n Cheese. Not much to choose from when you get home at 12:30.
    4. What do you want from Santa? Cash.  Gift Cards. Because I don't know....
    5. Weekend plans? Finish painting, begin decorating.
    6. When's the last time you danced (around a poll or not)? Halloween!! No poles, but I did have to hold on to the (low) ceiling....
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • 1. Favorite HS class and why?
    Government.  It was such a great class, my teacher Sutro was notorious around the school for being a hard ass, but really he just wanted to bring the best out of his students.

A gift card.  We're sentimental like that.

Turkey and swiss. 

Peace of mind. But, I'll take cash.

5. Weekend plans?
    My son has school on Saturday (he goes to a KIPP school) and as far as that goes, not much else.

Last night.  No pole involved, but it was to the beat of the Gap commecials.  You know, the one with the little girls chanting about their comfy sweaters and cute boots.  Yeah, I'm a nerd. :)

"I love my comfy sweater! I love my comfy sweater!  These boots are too cute!  These boots are too cute!"  ::dancing::
  • 1. Favorite HS class and why? History- it fascinates me
    2. What are you getting FI/DH for Christmas? We said we wouldn't do xmas presents but I may end up getting him the watch he wants anyways
    3. What did you have for lunch? Pizza, my lovely company bought lunch for us because we sat through a two hour OID meeting
    4. What do you want from Santa? $$$ to pay off some stuff, that's all.
    5. Weekend plans? Pre Cana because the Catholic Church refuses to recognize our current legal marriage
    6. When's the last time you danced (around a poll or not)? Last Wednesday Night drunk Gina came out to play. oy vey.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-dancing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3b74668b-e398-492e-9ba2-dc2001ebe119Post:37dd8800-d88d-48b3-9608-4c94c1dc282f">Poll Dancing</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's slooooow in here today. Here's a poll. 1. Favorite HS class and why? 2. What are you getting FI/DH for Christmas? 3. What did you have for lunch? 4. What do you want from Santa? 5. Weekend plans? 6. When's the last time you danced (around a poll or not)?

1. Drafting and Art - I liked being creative, and I was good at it ;) Yet I wanted to nothing to do with having it as a career and instead some of my artwork hangs on my office walls.

2. Undecided. Our wedding is a week later, so perhaps nothing as that is costing us a lot as is. However, I was thinking earlier today of splurging for an ammolite pendant for him as a combo Christmas gift/wedding gift (he originally wanted an ammolite wedding band however it is too soft of a stone and would be easily damaged).

3. Three mandarin oranges, and two pieces of leftover homemade pizza (mmm).

4. A big sack of money to pay off my student loans. Not likely to happen :)

5. Sigh, I will be working part of it to catch up. FI is doing a firearms course, however I am sure we will fit in dinner, movie or something of the sort.

6. Saturday night - the office Christmas party. Live band and all. FI and I tore up the dance floor (that does not mean we did looked good doing it, but it was fun!). Great times! FI and I dance a lot though - we particularly enjoy cranking up the tunes and dancing in the car to the horror of onlookers.
  • 1. Favorite HS class and why? Honors Government in 12th grade; we played Jeopardy every Friday.

2. What are you getting FI/DH for Christmas? We're getting each other a 50" LCD TV.

3. What did you have for lunch? Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo Lean Cuisine and water- jazzy!!

4. What do you want from Santa? If by Santa, you mean my mom, a new set of pots and pans.

5. Weekend plans? My gay is spending the night Friday and on Saturday I'm touring an old home with Santa.

6. When's the last time you danced (around a poll or not)? Probably some time last week. I dance to the TV a lot.
  • 1. Favorite HS class and why? Biology, the mechanisms of the human body amaze me, and I love dissecting things!
    2. What are you getting FI/DH for Christmas? AC/DC tickets!!!
    3. What did you have for lunch? PB&J
    4. What do you want from Santa? A Macbook Pro
    5. Weekend plans? Nothing is planned yet 
    6. When's the last time you danced (around a poll or not)? Last night, DH and I were rockin' out to some pretty sweet Youtube videos
    ?imageLilypie First Birthday tickers

• 1. Favorite HS class and why?   Advanced Math (It was trig, Alg. III, stat, and pre-calc all in one semester) because the hot senior boys would always ask for my help and there was one in particular who I thought was pretty dreamy.  We ended up making out at prom.  Ah, high school.

2. What are you getting FI/DH for Christmas?  a guitar, a leaf blower, some dress shirts and maybe some wii games

3. What did you have for lunch? leftover chicken and potatoes

4. What do you want from Santa? black onyx jewelry with my married initials, a red Dr. Feelgood shirt and some red patent pumps, and chocolate covered caramels.  I already know I'm getting the t-shirt (squee!)

5. Weekend plans? Friday night I'm going to be auditing a client's inventory til 11 or midnight.  Saturday I'm not sure.  Sunday I'm having a Mary Kay party.  Wanna come, Bec (kidding)?

I danced last night while my parents cooked dinner.  I have a lot of energy.
  • 1. Favorite HS class? European history, we had an awesome teacher.

2. DH for christmas? Photography lessons, I think.

3. Lunch? Veggie sandwich with swiss cheese (yum)

4. What do you want from Santa? Anything that involves a spa.

5. Weekend plans? Hang with my DC/MD/VA area knotties!

6. Last dance? My friend's wedding last month.
  • 1. Favorite HS class and why?  Photography- fun and my teacher was great
    2. What are you getting FI/DH for Christmas?  Slippers (it's what he asked for)
    3. What did you have for lunch?  Haven't eaten yet- probably a sandwich, though
    4. What do you want from Santa?  A Kitchenaid stand mixer
    5. Weekend plans?  None!  Yay- this last long weekend was too busy
    6. When's the last time you danced (around a poll or not)?  I dance around the house all. the. time (like the freak I am)
  • ~Choir
    ~ A cake pan, and some baking supplies
    ~Chicken sandwhich and a clementine
    ~A new coat or purse
    ~Our bedroom furniture comes on Saturday, so a lot of moving and rearranging to be had.
    ~In general, last night in the car.  On a pole, my bachelorette party.Embarassed

[QUOTE]It's slooooow in here today. Here's a poll. 1. Favorite HS class and why? <strong>Physics, because all my friends were in the class and we did rad experiments</strong> 2. What are you getting FI/DH for Christmas? <strong>Not sure yet. Bacon of the month club?</strong> 3. What did you have for lunch?<strong>Grilled scallops with roasted squash</strong> 4. What do you want from Santa? <strong>A new couch </strong>5. Weekend plans?<strong>Term paper, football, and dance lesson with FI</strong> 6. When's the last time you danced (around a poll or not)? <strong>If happy dances on the couch count, yesterday.</strong>
  • 1.  English.  I'm a book nerd.

2.  He wants a watch, but I was hoping to use that as a wedding gift. We'll see.

3.  Chicken and garlic herb cheese wrap, yogurt and granola

4.  A Garmin Forerunner

5.  Chilling.  FBIL will be in town Saturday night, and one of my OOT friends might be too, so that will be fun.  Probably more invitation cutting.

6.  FI and I did the robot together last night.  Does that count?
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • 1. Favorite HS class and why? AP English. My teacher gave me an A on a creative writing paper once, right after telling the class he never gave A's on creative writing.

2. What are you getting FI/DH for Christmas? No clue. Something CHEAP!

3. What did you have for lunch? Spagettios and an apple pocket. My lunch says I'm 7 years old.

4. What do you want from Santa? I've said it since March. If I don't get a Kindle this year I'm going to stop believing.

5. Weekend plans? I don't care if it is Monday, vallyhooha! All the more reason to plan the weekend! We are taking the girls to an indoor waterpark resort for their big Christmas kickoff weekend.

6. When's the last time you danced (around a poll or not)? Friday night my best friend and I went to a symphony event featuring the music of Sinatra. As we walked back to the parking deck, we were feeling too mature, so we danced to Bel Biv DeVo (sp?) as we walked by a bar and heard it blaring. I actually broke the heel of my boot and had to tip toe back to my car, barely able to stand we were laughing so hard.
  • 1. Favorite HS class and why?  Art. Our teacher rarely made us do any work so it was just social hour or nap hour. I always had first period spare and 2nd period art, and 3rd period lunch, so it was the perfect day.
    2. What are you getting FI/DH for Christmas? magic mouse, $125 gift card towards the tv he wants for his office, and a febreez flameless luminaire (he wanted it!)
    3. What did you have for lunch?  minestrone soup, yogurt, an apple, a clementine, 4 poppyseed crackers and a slice of marble cheese!
    4. What do you want from Santa? money
    5. Weekend plans? finish christmas shopping, start christmas baking, start wrapping gifts.
    6. When's the last time you danced (around a poll or not)?i HATE dacing. We danced at our wedding a year and a half ago and that was the last time.
  • I had a GPS on my Xmas list, but DH gave me one this weekend he got for free. It's called a "spotter", and it's branded by NASCAR and Dale Jr. His voice is actually the one telling you when to turn, and all the NASCAR tracks and his honky-tonk bar are pre-loaded. I asked if it only gives left turn directions. Undecided

It will probably be pretty cool once I dip a q-tip in acetone and remove the autographs and change the voice. The screen is huge, mayun!

Dale Earnhardt Jr GPS
  • 1. Favorite HS class and why? Spanish and Chemistry - I was really interested in learning a new language and picked up on it pretty easily since I had learned a lot of it when I was younger. Chemistry because we did a lot of cool projects and I just found it really interesting.

2. What are you getting FI/DH for Christmas? Lots of stuff, but the highlight is the Wii.

3. What did you have for lunch? Haven't had lunch yet. But I think I'll have some salad, and maybe a mini pizza too.

4. What do you want from Santa? xm radio would be nice

5. Weekend plans? Not sure yet. Nothing too exciting.

6. When's the last time you danced (around a poll or not)? I danced with H in our living room yesterday or Saturday, just goofing off. 
  • Bec, that's hilarious. Oh, and Mr. Heels' best friend took his kids to that park and they had a freaking awesome time.  I want kids just so I can go (can I borrow one of yours?).

So everone has something intelectual to say about their fave HS class except cew and me.  Cew's smoking in the woods and I'm making out with the guy I tutor.  I think we would have been best buds in HS.
  • You don't need kids, Heels! There were plenty of adults there for the waterpark the last time we went.

If you insist on taking kids, though, I'll loan you the younger one. She just called about 20 minutes ago and asked for possible reasons her butt could be stopped up, because she's had to poopie all day and can't. I just this second got off the phone with her a second time, where she was celebrating pooping at last. So yeah, you can have her!
  • Oh noes.  I'm not equipped to deal with poopie issues!
  • 1. Favorite HS class and why?  English - it was easy.
    2. What are you getting FI/DH for Christmas?  A wedding and a honeymoon - lol.  We're cheap.
    3. What did you have for lunch?   Subway.
    4. What do you want from Santa?   The DVD box-set of Dawson's Creek.
    5. Weekend plans?   Oh, ya know, gettin' married and such.
    6. When's the last time you danced (around a poll or not)?  Ooh, it's been awhile...probably my bachlorette beginning of October.
  • Bec - was it you that was telling me that you can't handle grossness even if it's your own kids? I love that. Glad to hear your little one was finally able to get it out.

Totally random, but I love it when a dog poops and then runs around all crazy afterwards. I imagine it's because they feel so great about it. Sometimes, I want to do that too.
  • 1. Favorite HS class and why?   English, I'm a nerd and I loooove to read and then talk about what I read

2. What are you getting FI/DH for Christmas?  Hmmm...lift tickets maybe?  And maybe some long sleeve shirts because he will not shop for himself, but he will complain about not having any long sleeve shirts to wear.

3. What did you have for lunch?  Soup and it was yucky because I accidentally bought the healthy. low-sodium kind.  Bad news.

4. What do you want from Santa?  a pretty right hand ring or some simple silver hoop earrings.  I never buy them for myself, but I do complain about not having them :)

5. Weekend plans?  bowling and karaoke Friday night, company Christmas party and then FI and I are going to The Melting Pot afterwards with some friends Saturday night.  I think Sunday will involve a lot of sleeping.

6. When's the last time you danced (around a poll or not)?  In the car yesterday on the way home from NC to some song on the XM 50's station.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Yes, Cew, that was me. It's my one parenting kryptonite. I will clean it up, and I will suffer through it, but I will also puke. I can't help it. I was SO happy when my girls outgrew shitting their pants. That was a tough time. I'd rather explain periods again instead of ever changing a poopie diaper. I think I'm broken.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards