New York-New York City
Options

Does anyone else not care at all about planning their wedding?

I've been engaged for a year and could care less about wedding planning. I joined this website hoping to spark some interest, but so far all it has done is reinforce my original thoughts. Am I missing some "girl gene" or does anyone else feel this way?

Re: Does anyone else not care at all about planning their wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish I didn't have to plan it.  I especially wish I didn't have to pay for it.  Not quite the same thing as you though.  
  • Options
    LanaJadeLanaJade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm right there with you. This whole wedding planning just isn't my cup of tea and I can't wait until it's over. On the other hand, I am excited to be married! Should have stuck to my original wish of a city hall ceremony.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i wasn't crazy about planning, but i found something to spark my interest in the location.  Now i feel like I'm just planning a big get together. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't either.  Initially, there are a lot of stress just from folks constantly asking about dates and how the planning would go.  Then we pushed off the affair because FI was temporarily out of work.

After we set a new date, I decided to keep mum on lots of the planning, so as to not feel overwhelmed (and annoyed) each time someone wanted to know about the wedding.  I also set up a website so that folks could go there for questions and not bombard me with nonesense.

I still wasn't thrilled until I recently met with my caterer and we were on the same page - the only spark I've had.  If we didn't already put deposits down or had to worry about slighting family, we'd have been happy to just have a small, intimate ceremony any where.  So I've just planned as much as I can to be done with everyone (wedding is in May and everything is just about done), this way I can just relax and enjoy  my winter and spring.

You are not alone...  :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    did u find a dress or go shopping for one yet?  i was starting to get annoyed with planning when trying to make decisions about caterers, photographers, etc... then when i went dress shopping and found my dress that got the "spark" going for me because now i can actually picture what i'll look like on that day so it made it more real/exciting.  
    Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    trehaktrehak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i have to agree.  and i'm so glad to know i'm not the only one - i thought there was something wrong with me!  i am so excited to be married but now having to plan it is really not that interesting to me.  we are getting married in july and so far we have picked the venue, gotten the dj and i found my dress.  still none of it has sparked this great interest in wanting to do more.  it just feels like work.    
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with you...and I was an event coordinator (not for weddings) for 3 years!

I think I could be missing a "girl gene" as well, but I enjoy planning events and other people's weddings...just with my own I'm shocked at how little enthusiasm I have. It doesn't help that so many vendors are obsessed with linen colors and flowers and these are things I just don't have much interest in... I'm kind of going with pretending I'm just planning a giant party. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards