New York-New York City

Photo spots near Battery Park?

Hi all - 

I'm getting married in a couple weeks and my ceremony is at 34th and 2nd and the reception is in Battery Gardens which is in Battery Parik. We're doing some shots in Battery Park obviously but was wondering if anyone had suggestions for some other good spots. Was thinking to hop over to South St Seaport to get some Brooklyn Bridge background shots but looking for suggestions. Any tips would be great!
Anniversary

Re: Photo spots near Battery Park?

• The promenade on the west side is very pretty.  There is a gazebo and a few little bridges that be nice backdrops for pictures.
  • We're getting married at BG too! We scoped out the area and one place I would suggest is Stone Street. You should check it out. It's an adorable cobblestone street with lovely street lamps and an old NY feel.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_photo-spots-near-battery-park?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:98f3d98c-3276-476e-8bb4-7d1b17f8b2b5Post:5808c876-a73d-4fab-b624-418d6ebd6118">Re: Photo spots near Battery Park?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're getting married at BG too! We scoped out the area and one place I would suggest is Stone Street. You should check it out. It's an adorable cobblestone street with lovely street lamps and an old NY feel.
    Posted by srujikarn[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>AWESOME! thank you so much for the tip! (3 days to go, eeek!)</div>
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_photo-spots-near-battery-park?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:98f3d98c-3276-476e-8bb4-7d1b17f8b2b5Post:5808c876-a73d-4fab-b624-418d6ebd6118">Re: Photo spots near Battery Park?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're getting married at BG too! We scoped out the area and one place I would suggest is Stone Street. You should check it out. It's an adorable cobblestone street with lovely street lamps and an old NY feel.
    Posted by srujikarn[/QUOTE]

<div>Is there a specific cross street? When I look it up on Google maps I don't see cobblestones or gas lamps :( I might be looking at the wrong area...</div>
    Anniversary
  • I live and work in the area and will be getting married in Battery Gardens next year! The path right next to the Hudson River extending from Wagner Park, on the other side of Battery Park from Battery Gardens all the way up to 14th St and the Highline is full of great backdrops. I especially like the area right around the Jewish Heritage Museum if you don't want to venture too far.

Elevated Acre on Water St. and the new pier just south of the Seaport are two nice options as well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards