Wedding Etiquette Forum

veronabrit blog

13»

Re: veronabrit blog

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_veronabrit-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:458ec898-8d65-482a-a291-61c6866844b0Post:81067bc0-8a55-4c7f-abfd-e9cd918e77e2">Re: veronabrit blog</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought she looked gorgeous for her wedding but the actual wedding itself wasn't anything that would be in like a magazine like people made it out to be. And her bridesmaids looked a little hookerish.
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

Oh salt, I lurve yew.  I feel the same way.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • This is not verona related, but tortis, your puppy is absolutely freaking adorable. I want to snuggle with him/her.
  • edited February 2010
    Thanks lpstl! His name is Emmit, he was about 2 months at that point and he's a lot bigger now. He's a sweetheart though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Awww, he's even got a cute name. Is he a goldie?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_veronabrit-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:458ec898-8d65-482a-a291-61c6866844b0Post:53e1f183-a028-40fe-b75c-4f249f3331a1">Re: veronabrit blog</a>:
    [QUOTE]salt - she blasted people because we all didn't shower at least twice a day and said how incredibly gross it was and how she'd never get into bed dirty. [/QUOTE]

That was my sole veronabrit interaction too. I learned I'm disgusting because I shower every 2-3 days and not after after every poop and every fart (I believe the term "blow fecal matter into your undies" was used in that thread though I don't remember if that was her or not).

Personally I think it's disgusting to shower so frequently your skin is peeling off and you have to coat yourself with chemicals ("products") Made in China all day and night to alter you skin color and appearance. This is why I'll never be a real girl.
  • On the days I wash my hair (which is every 3 days-ish), I use 20 products. Of those, 9 are makeup. From stepping out of the shower to out the door (makeup, drying and flatironing my hair), it takes me 20-25 minutes. For some people, that's a lot, but I find it pretty reasonable. I also have rosacea, and if I leave the house without some sort of lotion/foundation barrier on my skin, it turns the color of a red apple.

But then again, I don't have 365 blog followers to tell about it ;)

I didn't mind her, but her tendency to judge others did bug me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_veronabrit-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:458ec898-8d65-482a-a291-61c6866844b0Post:53e1f183-a028-40fe-b75c-4f249f3331a1">Re: veronabrit blog</a>:
    [QUOTE]salt - she blasted people because we all didn't shower at least twice a day and said how incredibly gross it was and how she'd never get into bed dirty. Then what's-her-face (pink wedding, kid with butterfly wings) called her out on the fact that her dogs sleep IN the bed with them and that their asses are full of germs and stuff. I also thought that her wedding wasn't as spectacular as everyone made it out to be and she had some awful looking DIY stuff.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

she'd really think i'm gross today. i was running late, so i jumped in the shower, shaved my armpits, washed and conditioned my hair, and jumped out WITHOUT USING MY BODY WASH! haha.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_veronabrit-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:458ec898-8d65-482a-a291-61c6866844b0Post:bbaaffd9-a50c-4359-9c6c-0bcbdf4480cd">Re: veronabrit blog</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: veronabrit blog : she'd really think i'm gross today. i was running late, so i jumped in the shower, shaved my armpits, washed and conditioned my hair, and jumped out WITHOUT USING MY BODY WASH! haha.
    Posted by SarahSmile23[/QUOTE]

OHMIGOD Sarah, I can smell you from here.  Gross.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I actually discussed this thie a couple of ladies on this board.

It's just not healthy to have such a preoccupation with your appearance at any age.

What happens when you age an your looks age?  'There's a lot more to a woman other than her appearance.

Verona is a very pretty young lady but I always had the urge to wash her face and let her personal beauty show
  • I am really really late to this but  I love Verona and don't get the hate at all.  She was never mean to anyone on here from what I remember.

And like East said...what is so wrong with having a passion for beauty and fashion?  Is that so much worse than a person having a passion for cars or music or video games or wine and food?

I don't think her product choices or clothing choices are snooty at all.  She shows that it is possible to look very well put together with very inexpensive clothes.

I'm going to join her blog now:)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards