Wedding Etiquette Forum

confessions

Re: confessions

• I confess that since the summer my ILs have been driving me BSC. They are so irresponsible with money and it drives me insane. They have never had a mortgage, they didn't put H through college (his grandparents did) and they always complain they're broke. They are techinically broke bc they absolutely SUCK with money managment.

They both worked good jobs and have nothing to show for it. They pissed their money away on spoiling H rotten as a child and buying whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted. They are both retired and have 2 mercedes. They just remodeled the house and now they want to buy a $900 cat! They have thousands of dollars in watches and they complain to me about money. I have not worked in over a year and we manage better than they do. It makes me so fucking angry.

MIL complains about having to pay for her 97 yr old mother to live in a skilled nursing facility. This is the woman that has paid their mortgage and put H through college. It's so ungrateful and I'm starting to have a hard time holding my tongue. Maybe I have a chip on my shoulder bc I know what it's like to actually be "broke". I know it's none of my business... That's why I don't say anything.

I'm so glad they're going away for the holiday!
  • Julez- I have a confession regarding you. In a totally un-creepy non-stalker way I am basing the lead in my latest novel on you. In a very very very loose and totally un-creepy way! Please be flattered and not scared. Please?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:45aa3af9-b3e9-48f2-8a92-65f27d364009Post:b582ac0b-85eb-429f-bd08-42a952eedc0b">Re: confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of depression, I know I suffer from it and it's getting worse all the time, but I don't feel like doing anything about it.  It's really bad some days, and today is one of those days :(
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, Kiki.  The fact that you don't feel like doing anything about it could be a symptom of the depression.  Just make an appointment with your doctor and go from there.  It may take a little while, but you should start feeling better if you get some help. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:45aa3af9-b3e9-48f2-8a92-65f27d364009Post:903f376f-1f13-46ac-83cc-a96e41c00d27">Re: confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Julez- I have a confession regarding you. In a totally un-creepy non-stalker way I am basing the lead in my latest novel on you. In a very very very loose and totally un-creepy way! Please be flattered and not scared. Please?
    Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

Manda have you ever published?  It's one of my life long ambitions to publish a novel.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:45aa3af9-b3e9-48f2-8a92-65f27d364009Post:be93aafe-5676-44f8-a139-d4b92cb6cd4b">Re: confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: confessions : Get help Kiki.  It's always tough reaching out initially.  It helps to talk things out.  I think we're fb friends - if you ever want to talk, please reach out.   I can tell you some stories.  Some good, some bad - but, it does get better.   :)
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

Thanks, lady.  I don't have any (P&)E FB friends. 

But, I have gone to therapy and I actually got dropped by my therapist.  I hate the idea of taking anti-depressants.  I just feel like I hate everything anymore, and it does kinda suck. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:45aa3af9-b3e9-48f2-8a92-65f27d364009Post:49f47536-c7fe-42e3-86d3-f10893be3057">Re: confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: confessions : I had to think long and hard about what it was you were even referring to.  Yes, let it go.  No one will even remember.  :)
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

I agree., babycakes.

I just wanted to call you babycakes.
  • Capri, no I haven't. Mostly because I have never actually finished a novel. I have two finished children's books, one of which was at one point considered for publication. Sadly, it got dropped post-Katrina because it's about a "run-away ocean" that goes on an adventure through a city... and everyone in the city has to get in boats when the water fills the streets... yeaaaaaaah....
  • Manda - I felt the same way when FI gave me money to help buy my computer. Even though it was an unexpected expense (one I'd have to put on my CC), I sometimes feel like I can't take care of myself when he does that.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • A $900 cat?? Please tell me it does laundry.
  • Kiki, check your private messages.
  • Depression stinks. I have been med free (knock on wood) for a while, but still take xanax when needed and I go to therapy still once a month. My copay is going up to $40 per visit next year and I am kind of freaking about it.  I have been working out more the past couple weeks and that helps but it's going to be a long winter, as always. 

Crosswalk
  • I confess that I'm sick of being sick.  I haven't had a glass of wine in a month, and it's starting to get on my nerves!!
  • Generally I don't feel bad at all about taking antidepressants. Given the fuucked up way that my ancestors have dealt with their depression, I think some SSRIs aren't a big deal. And I'm actually pretty proud of how I've been able to keep my illness (for the most part) under control for the past 10 years.

Pregnancy complicates it, but you guys are right, if I have to stay on it's not the biggest deal in the world.

Kiki, I hope you find another therapist, I think it takes 2 or 3 usually before you find one that works. Just a FYI, too--the 3 things that have been clinically proven to treat depression are meds, exercise, and cognitive therapy. So a combination of one or all of these should help you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:45aa3af9-b3e9-48f2-8a92-65f27d364009Post:631f3454-8d1c-47d3-863f-55b569ff6df9">Re: confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE] I have two finished children's books, one of which was at one point considered for publication. Sadly, it got dropped post-Katrina because it's about a "run-away ocean" that goes on an adventure through a city... and everyone in the city has to get in boats when the water fills the streets... yeaaaaaaah....
    Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but that was just funny.  Too bad.  I think it's cool though that you got considered.  That means that it's possible.  :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:45aa3af9-b3e9-48f2-8a92-65f27d364009Post:1c8c8205-b7a7-4cd1-aa1a-05195c3f4805">Re: confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]A $900 cat?? Please tell me it does laundry.
    Posted by lpstl[/QUOTE]

Its supposed to be hypoallergenic. MIL insists shes allergic to cats. They have a regular old not $900 cat and she has ZERO issues. I think she just wants to say she has a $900 cat. The idea of this makes me want to punch a wall.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:45aa3af9-b3e9-48f2-8a92-65f27d364009Post:b9895ddb-5044-480c-9fdc-17024dc656f3">Re: confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Depression stinks. I have been med free (knock on wood) for a while, but still take xanax when needed and I go to therapy still once a month. My copay is going up to $40 per visit next year and I am kind of freaking about it.  <strong>I have been working out more the past couple weeks</strong> and that helps but it's going to be a long winter, as always. 
    Posted by Pirata13[/QUOTE]

Yes! Reason #972 why I'm excited about my new addiction to the Wii Fit.  I sleep better and I have fewer depressive episodes when I'm active.
  • I confess that Manda's run-away ocean story made me laugh REALLY hard.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:45aa3af9-b3e9-48f2-8a92-65f27d364009Post:dc962fa6-d7cd-4108-ba2e-ff41084d5ef9">Re: confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that Manda's run-away ocean story made me laugh REALLY hard.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

Glad I could make people laugh! It was just the worst timing ever, but the story itself was really cute!
  • I confess today is my birthday and I took to the day off of work to see New Moon so my Fi would not have to go with me.  
    www.mromag1.weebly.com
  • I confess that I feel like a big loser monetarily, as well. FI and his family are pretty well-off, his parents are paying a lot of the wedding, and I just found out they're paying for our honeymoon as a Christmas gift. While I'm super-thankful, and they're wonderful people, it makes me feel awkward, b/c I was raised to be so independent and have never taken money from anyone before. 
  • Ok, I'm sitting at my desk trying really hard not to laugh too loud over a text I just got from Pete.

He can take our dog in to his office whenever he wants, so he took her in today. He happens to work downtown. I just got this text from him:

"Your dog just rolled around in bum shiit"

I have no idea how he knows the origins of said shiit, or why she's my dog when she acts up. I also have no idea what he did to solve the problem. I just think it's pretty hilarious, probably because I'm jealous he gets to take her to work.
  • It sounds great! It's just, when you bring Katrina into the mix, it seems hilariously inappropriate. I feel kind of bad for laughing. Poor Manda! Unfortunately that hurricaine had the worst possible timing for your publishing career.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I confess that I just finagled my first blog review freebie and I am ridiculously excited because it's something I wanted to buy anyway.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • ac_in_dcac_in_dc member
    First Comment
    edited November 2009
    Oh, man, lpstl, I remember Willard did this once and then proceeded to rub against me. It's the angriest I've ever been at him.
  • I confess that I also have WAY too much credit card debt. All of my accounts are in the process of getting settled so none of them are open. I wish I could win some money from the lottery or a scratch card so I could pay them all off. I feel horrible about going into marriage with this much debt, but Fi has twice the debt that I do in student loans. Once he graduates next year and gets a job in his field we should be able to pay off all of our debt within two years. I can't wait...

I've also been suffering from what I think is depression but I've been too scared/nervous to go to the doctor for it. I don't really do well with meds, they don't ever seem to work. Even when I take pain pills they only work for a few days before I have to switch to a different one. I don't even think my bc works correctly. I was put on Ortho Novum (one of the strongest) over a year ago to keep from ovulating so I wouldn't get anymore ovarian cysts. I went to the gyno about a week ago for horrible ovarian pain and found out I had another cyst. No idea how I got it since I shouldn't be ovulating on the pill...

• I feel sometimes like I dont really have anything in common with 75% of the people here - I like them, but I dont know how much, other than enjoying eachothers company, we have in commin. Im not well educated and i dont make a lot of money because of that, I dont own my own house, I hate sports, I dont like 90% of the tv shows that are generally liked by people here, I also generally cant keep up with the really intellectual discussions. For some reason though, I cant see myself leaving. I sometimes dont understand how that works. 
  • I confess that I adore Nebb, and our love of MM which we share. If she left I'd be one sad squirrel. (puppy is overused.)
  • Hi Nebb.  I'm also fairly certain I have little in common with most people here.  I'm also getting afraid to meet people because I really think Mandy is the only person I met who actually likes me off the boards Embarassed

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • I confess that I feel really bad about "complaining" about my depression coming back (to my brother), when my brother's been searching for a job for almost 6 months. He'll have every right to be annoyed, if he is, because there's no particular reason for me to feel this way.

I had a long talk with DH Saturday, and I feel some of my old demons coming back. I'm technically on an antidepressant, but it isn't used to treat depression because it sucked in trials.  I take Strattera for ADHD.  I've been off Zoloft for 2 years, and this is the first I've really felt scared with symptoms flaring up. I've had major mood swings for the past several months and I'm big time out of it - no interest, and it just makes me cry. DH doesn't understand, but he wants me to feel better and be happy. I just want him to know it isn't his fault.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:45aa3af9-b3e9-48f2-8a92-65f27d364009Post:32748c78-12c5-4593-8823-e4cc6a8c4842">Re: confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Nebb.  I'm also fairly certain I have little in common with most people here.  I'm also getting afraid to meet people because I really think Mandy is the only person I met who actually likes me off the boards
    Posted by wadingmoose[/QUOTE]
    I feel the same way, im kind of glad sometimes no one has wanted to have a GTG with me (theyve wanted but its never been a concrete plan). I feel like they would think I was boring and strange and it would end up being awkward, and only met up with me to fulfill the P&E gtg thing thats going on lately.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards