New York-New York City

Affordable venues

Hi ladies

I'm starting to look for venues to have my wedding in Oct 2014. THERE ARE SO MANY.
I don't know where to start. Here is what I have in mind...
I would like a venue either on the water... or in a rustic woodsy setting. I'm not sure of my budget at the moment, but I know i would like to keep it around the $100pp range (with about 140 guests).
Also, I live in Bklyn but am willing to travel within an hour from my area. This could be LI, NJ...
PLEASE help me out!!

Thank you guys!
VB

Re: Affordable venues

• I'm in your boat... willing to drive up to an hour and need to keep it AT $100/pp no more...
    Long Island: Swan Club, Chateau Le MEr (My fav), Chateau Briand, Coral House. These are ones I have been to and depending on what you want are aroud/less than $100/pp.
  • Is this a quote for a Saturday night?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_affordable-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:114Discussion:a7fc9fa1-f913-49b1-82da-515ae49a1007Post:3e8dcd95-c5a2-4eaa-9751-6102a34f27d3">Re: Affordable venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm in your boat... willing to drive up to an hour and need to keep it AT $100/pp no more... Long Island: Swan Club, Chateau Le MEr (My fav), Chateau Briand, Coral House. These are ones I have been to and depending on what you want are aroud/less than $100/pp.
    Posted by StarIzInkd[/QUOTE]
  • $100 pp on a Saturday night is going to be difficult. In Brooklyn try Mama's, MyMoon, Brooklyn Historical Society and in LIC try Astoria Studios, Waters Edge and upper LI- Thatched Cottage.

• Waters edge is super expensive! Maybe thatched cottage?
  • North Ritz in Syosset depending on the month.
  • ROULETTE in Downtown Brooklyn is a beautiful venue to get married in. I looked at them for my wedding, but I don't believe they charge extra for different months of the year. 
  • ROULETTE in Downtown Brooklyn is a beautiful venue to get married in. I looked at them for my wedding, but I don't believe they charge extra for different months of the year. 
  • thanks guys! My mom wants me to look at Thatched Cottage.... but i think it's too far out of the way for most of my guests.. (its about a 1.5 hr drive from home)... that's too long, right? 
  • if its that far a lot of people may not go to your cermony if it too is 1.5 hours away if ur having the cermont there just find out which hotel they are affilated with and you can block out rooms you wouldnt have to pay to do that and in your invites send the hotel info for people that want to stay over night and not travel back and forth
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations on your engagement. I see you are looking for a venue for your wedding. I am a Wedding Planner at the Grand Prospect hall in Brooklyn, N.Y and I would like to invite you to come take a look at our hall to host your wedding. Your price per person is a reasonable one and we would love to accommodate you for your special day. Also, you will not have to travel very far because we are located in Brooklyn.  If you are interested please give me a call at 718-788-0777. Thanks and congratulations again.
  • Davenport Club in New Rochelle, our September 2012 wedding was ...$ 98 per person all inclusive cake, flowers, top shelf liquior, cocktail hour ... 1890's mansion with veiws of the Long Island Sound. The people who do the catering are an absolute dream to work with. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards