New York-New York City
Options

OOT Guests: Unique ideas for the evening before?

Any suggestions on something NYC-ish to do the night before the wedding for our OOT guests?  We were going to do a dinner in LIttle Italy, but I'm thinking now of something like a cruise or sightseeing trip or  something.  Where we can really feel "New York".  But of course, price is an issue!
20 people or so....any ideas?

Re: OOT Guests: Unique ideas for the evening before?

• Options
    Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about doing something in Central Park, maybe carriage rides?  Or Top of the Rock?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Depending on what time of year we're talking about, I do like the 'cruise' idea.  Once, as part of a work event, we went out on a sailboat in the Harbor, and it was a nice way to get a 'cruise' feel without the cheesy aspects.  Maybe it was one of these ... not 100% sure:
    http://www.sail-nyc.com/
    http://www.manhattanbysail.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i like the Top of the Rock idea, and the Empire State Building is also cool at night. a cheaper version of the boat ride could just be taking everyone on the Staten Island Ferry!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks....as I surf the internet, those dinner cruises are expensive.  AND...it'll be the beginning of October, so the weather could be chilly/rainy, whatever. 

We joked about just riding the ferry back and forth a few times!! lol

I have to be careful not to slip into "tour guide" mode....
  • Options
    vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the big bus tour
  • Options
    missUVmissUV member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at the Brooklyn waterfront/Dumbo area this weekend and the City Sights "Night Loop" open-top bus kept passing by... the night views can be so gorgeous, that might be a fun bonding experience.
  • Options
    inloveinbkinloveinbk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this is late, but all my visitors have LOVED riding the Staten Island Ferry, every single time!  They also serve cheap beer and popcorn- a great way to see the City and not spend a crazy amount!  

If you want, you can also pair that with a little walk to Ground Zero, Battery Park, or the Brooklyn Bridge, or go eat Lombardi's or Adreinne's Pizza afterwards!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards