New York-New York City
Options

Good DJ for indie rock lovers?

Hey guys!

We want a DJ that will NOT play the Chicken Dance and all that crap, of course. But more than that, we want one who later in the evening will be able to play some kickass dancey stuff that our hipster friends will like. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Good DJ for indie rock lovers?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using DJ Gaza. He's great. He's super knowledgable, has great taste in music, and is SO organized (I wish this guy could plan my whole wedding). Fairly priced, too. He books up pretty far in advance.

Another one I've heard good things about is DJ Shakey.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely PopShop Djs - that's their world in a nutshell!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto popshop djs. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why not check out The NY Indy Music fest award winner John Arden at John Arden Muisc- combo of live indy muisc and DJ...

Deb
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are also using dj gaza.  he is laid back, professional, non cheesy, and seems like he could go with whatever your taste is.
    Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!!  Are you looking for a professional musician to “wow” your guests and make your event unforgettable?   Are you looking for class, talent and fun in a single affordable package?    Do you need help customizing your ideas and music taste to make your event truly “yours” and special?  John Arden has over 15 years of experience in the music industry offering a varied list of services such as: Wedding Band Live Music, DJ, and MC ; Cocktail Hour Piano (jazz, Latin jazz, show tunes, cover bands , i.e., Billy Joel & Elton John); Dueling Pianos Show; Rehearsal Dinners;  Anniversary Parties; Bar/Bat Mitzvahs; Solo Piano Player; Private Parties and Fundraisers . Playing extensively- Long Island; NYC; Metro New York, Connecticut; New Jersey; and PA.          In fact, John played at his own wedding!!! Many Treasured Memories Have Been Created With John Arden Music.  So…, how do you want to be remembered?     John Arden Music- The Perfect Choice for the Perfect Occasion! www.johnardenmusic.com   John ArdenWinner of the NY Independent Music Festival Competition- Best Singer/ Songwriter in the United States Award, (1100 entrants).Cell: 516 307 6065, Email: jarden68@optonline.netwww.johnardenmusic.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards