Wedding Etiquette Forum

XP Wedding gifts that arrive before the wedding

I'm asking this on my sister's behalf.  Her wedding is May 5th and they just got their first wedding gift.  They're allowed to open it before the wedding as long as any thank you note is signed with her current name, right?  Or does she need to wait until after the wedding to open it. 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: XP Wedding gifts that arrive before the wedding

• thank you. that's what I was thinking.  I just wanted to make sure.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_xp-wedding-gifts-that-arrive-before-the-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:57f9b7a4-a6b6-4848-a358-9e5a534c0deePost:9f675c05-b74d-4f7c-b8b4-2a4f19018fc3">Re: XP Wedding gifts that arrive before the wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Open it now to make sure nothing is broken/missing and then send out a thank you card right away.</strong>
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

<div>This, but then your sister should set it aside and not use it before the wedding. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• also, yes - she should sign it with her name now.  Honestly pretty sure I signed all my cards just "Kate" but the return address label corresponded appropriately...
  • Why on earth would she sign it with a name not yet her own?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards