Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Thank You Card Question

I've just written our first thank you card for an early wedding gift and I'm wondering if Thank You cards must be mailed or is hand delivering them acceptable?  FI and I usually see the giver on a daily basis and I just wasn't sure of the ettiquette here.

TIA!

Re: Thank You Card Question

• Options
    I mailed all of mine, even to people I saw every day. I did the same with wedding invitations too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    Mail them.
  • Options
    I think you can hand-deliver thank you notes to people you are going to see in person.

They do need to be handwritten, graciously worded, and in self-addressed envelopes.  But aside from that, I don't think it matters how they get from you to the recipients, as long as they do so timely.
  • Options
    I say hand deliver. Why would I waste postage on a TY to my sister whom I see several times a week? I even hand delivered some of the wedding invitations to people I see often.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I dropped the card in the mailbox this morning.  I figured if I mailed the invitation, I might as well mail the thank you card too.  Plus doesn't everyone love getting mail (that's not a bill or junk). :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards