Wedding Etiquette Forum

Etiquette for inviting certain friends

Hello!

I am finalizing my guest list, and I have to shave off about 3 people on the list (the reception room I rented can only fit at most 100).  I keep going back to friends that I wasn't too close to, and there is this one person (and her husband).  The thing is though, I was actually a bridesmaid at her wedding... even though we weren't very good friends (admittely, I got excited of the idea of being a bridesmaid for the first time... moreso than thinking if I was the right person to be a part of her wedding party... so that's my bad). 

What is the etiquette for situations like these?  If you're part of a wedding party in a couple's wedding, is that couple expected to be a guest at yours too?

Re: Etiquette for inviting certain friends

• Not at all.
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • [QUOTE]What is the etiquette for situations like these?  If you're part of a wedding party in a couple's wedding, is that couple expected to be a guest at yours too?
    Posted by rurounimon[/QUOTE]

No.  Relationships change, new friendships are made, all weddings are different, etc.  It is definitely not required for you to invite the couple.
  • No. Weddings are not tit for tat. If you're asked about why they were not invited, just say that you're keeping things small.
  • Ha ha, those were quick and simple answers... just the way I like it!

Thanks everyone.  It would be bad if I invited someone out of guilt instead of really wanting them there.
  • Don't invite anyone because you feel like you have to.  I was a BM in my college roommates wedding.  If I had balls, I would have said no, but I felt bad.  I transferred colleges before the wedding, and in the 7 years since her wedding I think we have spoke 4 times, the last time being probably 4 years ago.  She wasn't even invited to mine, let alone be a BM.  Truthfully, I would bet $500 that she doesn't even know I'm married. 

So, no, don't invite her.  And definitely don't invite someone just because you think you have to.  Cut her and her H.  And then find one more person.  Maybe a guest for someone if you have one to a single person.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards