Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

It's deader than...

a botoxed heiress in here.

People still having problems with the server errors?

Anyway, tell me about your first love.

EDIT: Bonus if you can PIP a picture.
Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution

Re: It's deader than...

• Options
    Yep, I was getting those stupid error messages all morning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 262 Invited image 38 Attending image 5 Declined image 219 Unknown
    RSVP Date August 1st
  • Options
    tlv204tlv204 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I'm trying not to complain about the errors, but today and yesterday they've been horrible.

I think H was/is my first love. He was definitely the only person I've ever said that to. I had 2 other guys tell me they loved me, but both were intoxicated and I chose to believe they didn't mean it. Sometimes I still wonder about that and feel bad because I wasn't dating either of them when they told me that, they were both exes. I also choose to believe I'm one of those awesome exotic mysterious women who has that effect on guys. Ha.

Edit: This is one of the guys who drunkenly told me he loved me. Terrible picture, but I think it's funny. He's freaking out about dirt on his truck; he was weird like that. I'll see if I can find a better one, but I don't think I have any more of him on this computer. You can obviously see lots of pictures of H in my bio.

Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    My first, which I claimed to love, was a nightmare. We were 13/14 and it was tumultuous, lost my v-card to him and he forged cheques from his dad to buy me gifts and his dad had him arrested and he had to do a ton of community service. I dont really remember how it ended but I dont think I was too upset over it. It lasted around a year.
    My first REAL love I dated through most of highschool (met him when I was 15 and we broke up when I was 17 or 18), he went to another school and was best friends with my cousin and the three of us were inseparable and hung out all the time. He got me into a lot of really stupid things and after we broke up sort of jerked me around quite a bit. It took me nearly a year to get over him (and 8 hours of distance).
  • Options
    My first love was a psycho.  We started dating when I was 15 and he was 19.  Total loser and turned out to be abusive.  He was also shorter than me and a wannabe thug.  At my junior prom he refused to dance with me because he hated dancing.  So, I danced with one of my friends for one song.  This pissed him off so much that he told me he went out afterwards and slept with someone else (didn't actually do it, just told me he did, so I could feel how he felt when I danced with someone else).  He was such a gem he used some money he borrowed from me to buy me roses to make up for telling me that.

Sadly, I dated him for over a year and a half.  Small towns and low self esteem really do lead to some bad decisions sometimes.
  • Options
    I just got another error message when I posted my previous reply. I don't want to complain either, but honestly it's getting quite annoying!

His name was Kyle, we were in 2nd grade. He gave me a teddy bear on Valentines Day. Oh young love...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 262 Invited image 38 Attending image 5 Declined image 219 Unknown
    RSVP Date August 1st
  • Options
    I'm getting the error message on every post now.

My first love was Dave. I was 15; he was 18. We dated for 3 years. He broke up with me a year after he went off to college because he thought we had grown apart. I was crushed, and it took a year to get over him. I was so stupid at the time, but now I guess I don't feel bad for still talking and hanging out with him even though I was still completely in love with him. We're still friends today. We went to each other's weddings. I get pictures of his adorable baby girl in the mail. Not too bad overall!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have very fond memories of my first love, actually.

Peter E., the principal's son. He was a little bit rebel, but every bit the gentleman. The summer before he moved away we hooked up and it was everything a good summer romance could be.

Then he moved to Spring Valley.

Then I started dating his best friend.

Then, he came back the summer before we were all leaving for college, and we hooked up. He changed his college plans so we could be together.

Then he got another girl pregnant, but she's super awesome and I adore her....now.

The End.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    fi was my first love and my first actual relationship.
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FI was my first love, at age 14.  At band camp :)  The pic below was on our last day of the summer-long tour we went on to Europe, hence the tears.

• Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2010

Jayson and me - posing before my prom.

I was 16, he was a few years old.  I saw him working at a restaurant.  When I got home, I called the restaurant and asked to speak with him.  He told me he remembered me and asked me out.  He picked me up in his beat up Chevy Cavalier.  We got along so well.  After graduation, I moved across country with him to his hometown in Kentucky.  Yes, Kentucky! 

Living in KY got old.  I decided to go back to CA he said there was no way he was leaving. None of us would budge.  Our relationship "ended" about 5 years after it started.  We didn't fall outta love, we didn't fight - it just ended because it had to.  A year later he came to Santa Barbara to visit me.  Colden was conceived during that time.  For a split-second we considered marriage. But, in the end, we did not get back together, but have raised our son as a unit ever since.  To this day, he is one of my best friends.  Happy ending.
  • Options
    Pretty much every time I have tried to read something I get the error.

As for first love, probably Nick.  I dated big d-bags before him.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    mocha beansmocha beans member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    Mine was FI.  Unless you count thd 2nd grade boy friend that asked me to marry him...I think.

A few other guys I loved as great friends, but that all fizzled out when I started to realize I would never be able to grow as a person beyond what I was around them.

EDIT:  The errors are driving me absolutely BSC and cramping my style on a day off.  Not a happy camper.
  • Options
    Shelly that's a great picture!

amlaplante- What kind of dog is that? He/she is so cute! I love the ears.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    bbyckes, that prom dress is hot!

No, seriously, how were you not roasting on the dance floor in long sleeve black velvet. ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Eeek!  Sorry the pic is so HUGE!

• Options
    Thanks, it was a joke pic but Nick messed around with it and I thought it looked cool.

I just resized it bc I think its huuuuge, but it must be taking awhile.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Coffer, that's a delightful picture! You're a brave woman! :)

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Today is the slowest I've ever seen it here.
    Truly, T is my first real love.

I thought I loved my first boyfriend (because he told me I did. Yea..) Here he is:

• Options
    We met when I was 17...in Italy, he only lived one city away from me in Mass too!   My grandparents were friends with his grandparents and they planned a big family trip.  We had our first kiss on a balcony in Rome.  It was like a fairytale.  We dated for a year and a half, and it was great....UNTIL I moved an hour away for college.  He did a complete 180.  Eventually one night he lost it and began threatening me, my friends called the cops and our relationship ended with a K9 Unit at my house.  Talk about a rough break-up :\
  • Options
    Shelly-Hot stuff! Did you dye your hair?
  • Options
    I did! thanks.

...Its called raisin.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Bel, thanks!  I don't remember being so hot dancing in it!  I still have this dress, although I can't fit it anymore! lol  It's sad. :(

Fish, more bold than anything.  I swear it was a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence.  I have never done anything like that since. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010

The server errors have driven people like me to do things that we've been putting off doing in months because of knot addictions. I am finally organising photos to get printed from the wedding. Yay for hardly-working knot! 

And to answer your question: Well, I went out with this loser in HS, but I wouldn't class him as my 'first love' because I was trying to break up with him for most of our final year but he kept threatening to kill himself (he was such a catch! haha). He since gained about 100 kilos (no joke). So, no picture of him (I doubt I have one, anyway).

The guy I would class as my 'first love' was my ex of around five years. We were together from 17-22. We are still in the same group of friends so see each other from time to time, plus we still keep in touch with one another's families. He's a nice guy, but we just got to a point where all we did was bicker and it really wasn't working- we grew in different directions. I went to his wedding recently, actually- he's got a gorgeous wife and I'm really happy for him.

Here's us at a Halloween party one year- I was a prom zombie from the 80's and he was a cannibal. 

I look rather hideous here- far moreso than is justified by the shiny purple bruising makeup that I had around my eyes. Thank god I improved with age! This was taken in '02. 

• Options
    Hmm, well raisin looks good!

Yes, the servers have driven me to: clean the house, go to the nest, go to the bump and do laundry.
  • Options
    Indeed Roxy- having the server errors is almost a good thing! haha. 
  • Options
    my first REAL love is FI. no drama or story there.

my first boyfriend, hahahahahaha. I had a crush on him forever, since I was born pretty much. literally. he brought me flowers when I was a day old. anyway, he was my best boy friend. we were "boyfriend/girlfriend" when I was in 2nd grade, and remained that way for about a year. then in 8th grade, he asked me to be his girlfriend again. we dated for 9 months until he broke up with me in a note, in September of my freshman year of high school. and we had geometry class together. then we had algebra class together the next year. awk-ward. a lot of people didn't really like him very much, and he always had more girl friends than guys. I couldn't understand why.

then, about 4 years ago, I became friends with him on Myspace. I found out he's a flight attendant and has a life partner and has practically adopted his kid. yea, he's gay. I tell my mom this, and she says, "I always thought he was a little soft." "how long, mom?" "oh since yall were little kids." "gee, thanks for telling me."

Glenna Harding Photography
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards