Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Gift question

What should you do if you think you have gifts or cards that are missing? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Gift question

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gift-question-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:60636617-6ad7-4e96-8487-c86751a773e0Post:655f150c-0aaf-4408-9c19-8d0549cb447a">Gift question</a>:
    [QUOTE]What should you do if you think you have gifts or cards that are missing? 
    Posted by Gatorsgirl731[/QUOTE]
    Why do you think they are missing?
  • Options

This sounds horrible. lol 
    While greeting my cousin and her family, her husband had his camera in one hand and a card with DH's and my name on it in the other hand.  He had to shuffel his stuff to shake DH's hand and he almost dropped his camera.  It stood out to me because I LOVE his camera and my heart dropped a little.  When we got home last night we opened cards and gifts because while we travel this week I will be doing thank you cards so I wanted to get my list together.  Their card was not there and then there were some others that we did not get a card from which I thought was odd.  My brother and his family, my best friend among them.  I wouldn't think much about it, but I KNOW these people.  My SIL sends you a card if you have a 24hr flu bug. lol  I don't "expect" anything that isn't why I am asking, I would hate not sending a "thank you" to them  more than anything. 

• Options
    It's possible they just forgot to put it in the card box.  I know I've been to weddings before where I forgot to do this.  It may come in the mail later.  Don't say anything.
  • Options
    In the event that they gave a card with a check or cash in it, they will probably ask you when the check doesn't clear or they don't get a Thank You card. Don't say anything because if they didn't get you anything it will look gift grabby.
  • Options
    Oh I'd never say a word!  Can you imagen?!  "Hey Cuz! I didn't get a card from you at the wedding, didn't you bring one?"  No way! lol

I won't say anything.  I just didn't know if there was anything I SHOULD be doing.  I went to this wedding for another cousin and I gave them a card with cash in it and never got a thank you card.  It wouldn't have bothered me but the bride posted on FB how it took forever for her to write all her Thank You cards.  And my dad went on and on about how nice his card was.  I waited for another month after he got his, then one day he mentioned the wedding again and I said something.  (their wedding was a big deal b/c my dad and I although close do not get to see each other much)  Anyhow I said something to my dad and he inquired poliely if the bride and groom got my card.  They did.  "Oh yeah that was really nice of her tell her thanks for us".  So I learned my lesson.  Thank you cards are important otherwise ppl get their feelings hurt.
  • Options
    Ok....sister in law and I were doing some post wedding texting and she said her and my brother couldn't agree on what to get off our registry so she hoped me and DH would have better luck when spending our gift card.

I don't have the gift card, or the card it came in.  My mother is going through all the wedding stuff she has to make sure nothing got mixed in there. 

crap.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards