Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Catholic Church Ceremony question

Hey Ladies - I am planning on getting married in a Catholic Church and want to have a Ceremony only instead of a full mass.  Now I know in a full mass, there are readings, but are there readings involved in a Ceremony?The reason I ask is FSIL is not a member of the WP but I want her to be involved in the wedding so I would like her to do a reading at the Ceremony.When I eventually sit down with priest I'm sure he will tell me, but just wanted to see if anyone here knew.Appreciate the help...TIA!

Re: Catholic Church Ceremony question

• Options
    My son and DIL were married in a Catholic ceremony without a full mass.  My DH and her uncle were the readers, using readings that had been suggested by her priest.FWIW:  my DH is not Catholic and it wasn't a problem having him doing a reading.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Thank Trix!
  • Options
    1. Come over to the Catholic board 2. Yes there are readings the only thing not included is communion 3. Is FSIL christian? my parish required people believe teh reading they did so old testament had to be jewish or christian and new had to be christian Ideally all Catholic
  • Options
    FFmaid:  Thanks for the input.  FSIL is Catholic and so is the entire WP.
  • Options
    Lea - the dress is a Jim Hjelm from the Fall 2009 collection
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards