New York-New York City

Reviews of Bowery Hotel?

I heard one really bad horror story about a wedding at the Bowery Hotel...but I really love the place!  Has anyone had a great experience?  Any other bad experiences??

Help!

Re: Reviews of Bowery Hotel?

• I had the most amazing night!
    I am not sure what stories you heard - if you have specific questions please let me know. 
    We did not use their restaurant for the food as we had a kosher caterer. 
    One thing I would highly suggest is to have a day of coordinator since they do not have anyone on site for you like that. 
    You want to make sure you are not worrying about anything. 

My coordinator was under $1000. She even came with me to do a walk through week or so prior with them to make sure everything was in order. 

We did not stay or get ready at the hotel since the prices we high for smallish rooms. 
    They will show you the hotel rooms - just ask. 

I also would suggest working directly with Robin head of the events department rather than anyone else. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 
  • <div>I'm glad to hear that!  How many people did you have?  The story I heard they had messed up the food orders and didn't even serve the wedding cake.  YIkes!  but maybe that was a catering problem...</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_reviews-of-bowery-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:c5a21b71-5461-486e-97d9-73729838693ePost:f2ce626a-823d-4202-9f40-af6963dce6e0">Re: Reviews of Bowery Hotel?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had the most amazing night! I am not sure what stories you heard - if you have specific questions please let me know.  We did not use their restaurant for the food as we had a kosher caterer.  One thing I would highly suggest is to have a day of coordinator since they do not have anyone on site for you like that.  You want to make sure you are not worrying about anything.  My coordinator was under $1000. She even came with me to do a walk through week or so prior with them to make sure everything was in order.  We did not stay or get ready at the hotel since the prices we high for smallish rooms.  They will show you the hotel rooms - just ask.  I also would suggest working directly with Robin head of the events department rather than anyone else.  Let me know if you have any other questions. 
    Posted by abarnett86[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_reviews-of-bowery-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:c5a21b71-5461-486e-97d9-73729838693ePost:fa2b7cd4-1ca4-4ee5-80d6-a46fc890dd76">Re: Reviews of Bowery Hotel?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad to hear that!  How many people did you have?  The story I heard they had messed up the food orders and didn't even serve the wedding cake.  YIkes!  but maybe that was a catering problem... In Response to Re: Reviews of Bowery Hotel? :
    Posted by Klytia415[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>We had 145 people, all the tables we rounds in the room with the fireplace. </div><div>We had dancing by the one main bar. </div><div>Only had 1 bar open the entire time. </div><div>Ceremony was in the room with all the glass. </div><div>
    </div><div>We didn't serve traditional three course meal - we had family style/tapas to the table and then accompanents at buffets set up during cocktail in the room with the glass. </div><div>
    </div><div>And then dessert buffet. </div><div>
    </div><div>Hope this helps.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards