Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Anyone here?

2»

Re: Anyone here?

• Options
    And I would have LOVED to have cookie dough! A makes cookie dough just to eat the dough raw, with no intentions of actually baking any of it.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I apparently have no wisdom because I have no wisdom teeth.   

DH had all 4 taken out at the same time.  He is afraid of cotton.  Let's just say it was an interesting experience.   They didn't even know about the cotton till I arrived.  DH was so scared he could not talk I saw him and knew immediately what the problem was..   I got a good laugh out of it.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I don't like cookie dough, at all. I know I am crazy.

I don't mind the dentist much but I am terrified of needles and scared they will tell me I need a shot. I freaked out when my substitute dentist told me I had to get a shot so they brought my real dentist in and he filled my cavities with no numbing. I have never had a shot, but it didnt hurt, I think they were small though.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-here-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:642b7b03-59cb-4255-be38-c600cb227a22Post:17291799-4645-4e29-8052-028b2bd58cdb">Re: Anyone here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]And I would have LOVED to have cookie dough! A makes cookie dough just to eat the dough raw, with no intentions of actually baking any of it.
    Posted by kyurcek[/QUOTE]

<div>I generally bake half the batch (FI's half) and eat the other half over the course of a few days.</div>
  • Options
    I really should not watch the DIY network ever. Now I'm coming up with plans to go buy drywall tomorrow...
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    That is so funny to me that your H is scared of cotton Lynda. Apparently it is a real fear though!
  • Options
    I have never had a good experience with dentists. My teeth are crappy so I was always having to have things filled. One time they told me I didn't need novocaine because it was just a sealent well lets just say that didn't go well and I ended up with dentist tools flying and a cut on the back of my hand from hitting the tray. I associate dentists office with endless pain and torture devices as I had braces and an expander at the same time.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    MyUserName1MyUserName1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm gonna go take my vicodin, do my salt water swish, pile my pillows up three deep and go to bed.

Good Night all!

ETA: Ciara, I am SO with you.  I have terrible teeth and great oral hygeine and had a terrible dentist in my early 20s.  I frequently have panic attacks over a cleaning.  Sadists.
  • Options
    Oh man Ciara, that sounds awful! I don't blame you for not loving them!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-here-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:642b7b03-59cb-4255-be38-c600cb227a22Post:7aa7a50d-2030-4982-bfd4-b5da161df381">Re: Anyone here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is so funny to me that your H is scared of cotton Lynda. Apparently it is a real fear though!
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

<div>Fische has the same fear..    I didn't know it was a real fear until she told me... Slightly embarrassed, but I should believe my DH first right?   Yeah, I'm bad..Knotties are believable and DH's not.  </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Funny enough, he will checks every pill bottle for cotton and if there is some I have to remove it, but he will eat Cotton Candy...</div><div>
    </div><div>::rolls eyes::</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You weren't mean at all, Chrissy.
  • Options
    I'm probably behind because I'm attempting to post from my phone but Ciara I really relate. I have a dentist phobia because I went through a terrible experience. I actually cried. I was in so in so much pain. I didn't even cry when I gave birth. That's how horrible my dentist experience was.
  • Options
    Some people are so sensitive. I just don't get it though. I didn't have a wedding party and planned the whole wedding by myself. I don't really get why on Earth people think they need people fawning over them. I just don't get it. I didn't ask for any help from anyone (besides knotties on my local)

I think that is my biggest "I don't get it" on TK.
  • Options
    Oh God. It didn't sound mean at all! If she's so swamped and overwhelmed, maybe she shouldn't have set a date so close to school...
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Sorry for my typos. I can't edit and my swype hates me.
  • Options
    I hate that swype thing. I have a blackberry so I don't have it, but H does. Actually, I am a terrible texter anyway. I always have so many spelling errors since my fingers are too fat and I am too lazy to fix it.
  • Options
    You were fine.  

I think that the med student has unrealistic expectations of her  non-medical-school-friends. It's clear she thinks her time is more important that other people's tme.

** disclaimer - I do NOT think all or even most of med-school brides feel this way.. But this bride does.  

• Options
    I like how she first edited it to just an "s" now she has it set as a ":P"
  • Options
    I actually really love swype but only for texting. On TK or FB it is horrible. It goes slower. Yea, it took me a long time to get "slower". I don't know why but it works better for texting.
  • Options
    Haha I didn't notice that Ciara. I feel my post may have been a little rude though. Oops. I don't think I care enough to correct it.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Meh, who cares. If your going to expect something out of someone you kinda deserve to get told off.
  • Options
    Night.. I'm off also...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Night Chrissy and Lynda!
  • Options
    eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll probably be getting off now too but before I do.. Kyurcek, I've been dying to tell you this. You look just like Adriana Lima. I'm jealous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards