Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Question about ordering BM dresses

I'm pretty sure I'm over-thinking this, but here goes:

When it comes time to order the BM dresses, do I get all of the girls to give me their measurements and I order the dresses myself? Or, do I allow the girls to each call the store separately? 

I'm asking because one of my bridesmaid is self-conscious about her weight, and maybe she won't want me knowing her dress size? Or is that crazy thinking?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Question about ordering BM dresses

• Options

If they are each paying for their own dress, which is whats normal, then they can call the store themselves to order, or go in.  The only way I would worry about getting their measurements to order is if you need to get them all in together to guarantee the right color lot. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would check with the store and see if they can all call in their measurements themselves and then once they are all in, have the order sent in as one. That way the color dyes will be the same.
  • Options
    The salon where we bought the BM dresses required the girls come in to be measured as they were custom made,

If you measure yourself wrong, it's your problem, not the salon's
  • Options
    My BM's didn't order their dresses at the same time either. We went shopping together and they picked out what dress they wanted. Each of them went back on their own time and got the measurements and ordered them.
  • Options
    I think the color lot thing is BS. I'd have them each call it in if they're paying for their own dresses. I paid for my BM's dresses, so we went and they got measured on the same day and I ordered them and picked them up.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    when i was a bm in my cousin's wedding, the store provided the size chart for that designer.  i then got my measurements done and provided the size i needed to my cousin and she ordered the dress for me.
  • Options
    I would really recommend they try the dresses on if they can, and not just go by measurements.  I'm almost never the size that my measurements say I am. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Keep in mind if your trying on store provided dresses and then ordering. If its snug make sure they know that LOTS of girls are trying these dresses on and they may have stretched out a bit. Happened to a friend who ended up with a too tight dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards