New York-New York City

Bridal Garden

I was talking about bridal gowns in the elevator at work today, and a random woman told me that I should check out the bridal garden. She said she got a vera wang gown for about $2k.  I saw the reviews on yelp and its mixed. My concern is not so much the do it yourself aspect of it, but am concerned about possibly buying a used dress with a defect that I do not notice until I leave the store.  Does anyone have any experiences they could share?

Thanks

Re: Bridal Garden

• edited December 2011

I've heard nothing but good things about Bridal Garden and have an appointment there in a couple of weeks. One of my friends went there twice with her friends - both who bought dresses from there on their first visit. 

• edited December 2011
    I recommend it. i went back twice and didnt find anything but there are someg good deals. they get a lot of sample dresses from designers, so many times theyre not used but tried on a lot. its very cramped so just be prepared. good luck!
  • nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was very happy with my BG experience.  The "flaw" in my Anne Barge dress was fairly obvious--missing a sash--but they were very upfront about the fact that they weren't going to be able to find the sash and knocked a significant amount off the price, which I then negotiated down a little more (impt. to remember that you can negotiate there).  As you mentioned, it is very DIY, and it's pretty cramped--def take a friend w/you and wear undergarments that you don't mind if your friends see--there are a few (v. small) private changing rooms and a semi-private area if you don't want to wait to try something on. 
  • kimberlygokimberlygo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went today and got a new pronovias gown!!! It was like the 4th one I tried on and it was amazing. It was really cheap, too.  I didn't try to negotiate because the money is for charity, and the knocked down the price anyway.  I ended up paying less than $1000 for a $4000 gown.  I am so happy.  The only thing that kind of sucks is that now I have to store the dress for a year.  I really feel like a winner :)
  • edited December 2011
    I had my second fitting yesterday at the BG. They were very helpful in helping pick out the right style of dress for me, and it was so much cheaper than going to a regular bridal shop. The money goes to charity, so I felt like i did a good deed in the process.
  • kristenharlankristenharlan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you're in the market for the worst customer service in the world and dirty dresses then you've come to the right spot. I was about 10 minutes early to my appointment and was greeted by a rude (sales associate?) who informed me I interrupted their 15 minute break.  I was then ignored the entire time I was in there until I was getting ready to leave the 'boutique' and was informed I needed to put the dresses back in the plastic bags. I was appalled not only by being ignored and then treated like the help, but also by the fact that they are in business for charity and didn’t even mentions that while I was there. If they wanted to make a sale then they could act like they care about more than their allotted 15 minute break and spend more than the 3 seconds it took to show me where the fitting rooms are or throwing the bathroom key at me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards