New York-New York City

Dress Shopping

Hi all

Looking for recommendations on where to go dress shopping in the city -- budget is 1500 max!

Thanks

Re: Dress Shopping

• RK Bridal       that is where i am going to get my dress but u cant make an appointment you have to walk in and if you go back a 2dn time then you can make an appointment there are a ton of dresses and they are not too expensive 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks~ i was thinking about RK.  I didnt know that you could make an appointment a second time. that is a HUGE HELP!
  • jrkubrjrkubr member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Saja on Elizabeth Street. Look at their website, to see if it's your style. 
    And: Kimera. In Brooklyn. Again: check the website for style.
  • I hear of a new site allows you to make appts to mult stores. Littledressbook.com, but it's in beta. If you do go to Elizabeth st there is another shop on Mott st, Lauren Gabrielson does custom bridal. And lovely bride in WV.
  • R bridal u go fishing for your dress. They were not helpful. There are so many dresses to chose from and is packed in racks. Unless ur ok with that then go for it. I liked getting personalized attention.
  • edited August 2012

If service is not a huge concern, I would suggest a sample sale because you can save a lot of money on designer gowns.  Also, many big name stores like Klienfields will hold sales every now and then that you can check out.  (I actually got my designer $4,000 dress for $750 at a  "Running of the Brides" event in Westchester, but unfortunately the store, Filene's has gone out of business.) I went to RK Bridal for my bridesmaids dresses, and if you are OK with a no frills type of place, then RK isn't bad. 

Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards