Wedding Etiquette Forum

How rude.

There is not much of a point to this post I just need to vent.  My parents house is on the corner and I was leaving and going out to my car.  I heard this loud car going around the cornoer and I looked at it.  Then this teenager stuck out her head and called me a fat ass bitch. Now the mean girl in me wanted to shout back some choice words but that wouldn't get me anywhere.  I just don't understand why some people feel the need to act like that.  Her mother needs to teach her some manners.

Re: How rude.

• WTF?  I'd be pissed off too.  What a brat.  Great parenting at work right there.
  • I am going to feel old when I say this but WAY too many kids today just don't have any manners. I never would have dreamed of yelling at an adult that way. Hell I'm still scared of people that are older than me.

The lack of respect is really disturbing.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm surprised that I'm surprised at her actions.
  • On a daily basis, I state that I just cannot believe that some people are capable of acting like such asshats. She would be one of them.
  • Kids now a day ARE rude and disrespectful, its appalling. Its because parents dont say no or discipline anymore, so they dont learn that behavior like that is wrong. I hate teenagers for that very reason (amongst others).
  • Another thing that suprises me how somebody could talk to anybody like that is how could she know that I was not a homicidal maniac who would hunt her down?  For all she knows I could have just escaped from jail or a mental hospital.

• What would have been funny is if she ran her car up the sidewalk and hit a fire hydrant because her head was out the window.  Any chance your mom knows where the girl lives?  I'd have no problem giving her parents an earful.
  • No I dont think my paretns would know her,  I should have gotten her license plate number, but I was to shocked at the moment to do that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_rude?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76dffe91-b3a9-4b58-bb85-f238bb9877e0Post:4ecbb19b-f309-409a-9590-1145e9b63035">Re: How rude.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Another thing that suprises me how somebody could talk to anybody like that is how could she know that I was not a homicidal maniac who would hunt her down?  For all she knows I could have just escaped from jail or a mental hospital.
    Posted by aimerzkd214[/QUOTE]

True story.  I don't even honk my car horn at people that piss me off anymore because I'm scared of getting followed and stabbed.  (It happened.  Not to me, but it happened around here.)
  • Something similar happened to me a few years ago. What an idiot Yell
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I remember when I was a kid, I would get so emberassed when my mom would tell off kids for being rude/loud/disrespectful out at stores or what have you, they were always scared shitless and apologized. NOW they would just tell her to fuuck off and throw something at her im sure.
  • Holy hell. I wish you could find out who her mother is. I'd kindly rip my kid a brand new shiney assshole if I found out she had spoken to anyone like that.
  • I am not sure what kind of mom  she has, she seemed like the kind of girl whose mom doesn't give a crap about the the way her daughter acts... I wouldn' be suprised if I did tell her mom that her mom would cuss me out and say it was all my fault.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_rude?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76dffe91-b3a9-4b58-bb85-f238bb9877e0Post:a160ed74-9a4a-425b-b44d-dfca50401e69">Re: How rude.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy hell. I wish you could find out who her mother is. I'd kindly rip my kid a brand new shiney assshole if I found out she had spoken to anyone like that.
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but your kids would more than likely not ever in a million years talk to someone like that.  Furthermore, many parents who raise kids that are that disrespectful wouldn't give a flyingfuck if someone called them and told them what their kid said to a stranger. 
  • That's true. I'd really like to meet some of these mothers and rip THEM a brand new shiney assshole.
  • That's like a whole new kind of rude.  She was probably just looking for a rise out of you, so it's good you ignored her.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • You really have to wonder what kind of seriously disturbing self esteem issues this girl has that she felt the need to do that... especially if she was alone. I would be so upset if some one did this but then I would take comfort in the fact that she is going to have a long life of inferiority issues. I am mean like that but I would feel justified in gloating a bit.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_rude?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76dffe91-b3a9-4b58-bb85-f238bb9877e0Post:8297365c-142c-4cd4-a976-3e11eed0d51c">Re: How rude.</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF?  I'd be pissed off too.  What a brat.  Great parenting at work right there.
    Posted by JK10910[/QUOTE]

It's pretty easy to say that it's the parents' fault, but let's face it.  Some kids are just assholes.  I was an asshole at some point, and I'm sure a lot of us were also.  The kid could be terrified of her mom, but mom wasn't right there so she could get out of her boundaries. 

As my former boss used to say: Stupid people don't mean to upset you- they're stupid.  They can't help it.
  • Kids today lack class and etiquette, from their language to their clothing.  I can't believe the things I hear/see today.  It sort of makes me sad.
    Photobucket
  • That's terrible. Although I do realize that compared to my parents' generation, WE are the disrespectful asshats. I also don't think you can blame an entire generation like that all the time, people just always think they were different when they were younger. I'm not at all saying any of us would have done that, but at the same time 90% of teenagers today wouldn't do that either. There are crazies at all age levels. And this is coming from a current middle school teacher :( They really do suck sometimes, but so do my friends. I'm amazed at how many people my age are still spoiled rotten some how or another.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_rude?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:76dffe91-b3a9-4b58-bb85-f238bb9877e0Post:0d2b8d53-ce42-496d-b079-7fd6d6a42b07">Re: How rude.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How rude. : It's pretty easy to say that it's the parents' fault, but let's face it.  Some kids are just assholes.  I was an asshole at some point, and I'm sure a lot of us were also.  The kid could be terrified of her mom, but mom wasn't right there so she could get out of her boundaries.  As my former boss used to say: Stupid people don't mean to upset you- they're stupid.  They can't help it.
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

This is true.  And I don't completely blame the parents.  I agree completely with you, some kids are just assholes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards