Wedding Etiquette Forum

Evening thread

Re: Evening thread

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:788110fb-b211-46a6-b607-a9ce721b97eaPost:6f06a0f1-c202-4ad5-a75b-f1cc942469cb">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread : Google? Do you have an accountant? I might ask my accountant (if I had one...) for a recommendation. You could probably google "financial planning firm X location" or something. Or, ask your parents. I would ask my parents - hah!
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

We DO have an accountant.   

I am seriously embarrassed that I don't know this stuff.  Thanks for not laughing at me.  Out loud, anyway.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:788110fb-b211-46a6-b607-a9ce721b97eaPost:7fe3438e-c93d-4a5f-a44e-3847eb4e0cd9">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread : We DO have an accountant.    I am seriously embarrassed that I don't know this stuff.  Thanks for not laughing at me.  Out loud, anyway.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Nah, I didn't laugh. I need to find an accountant for our taxes next year. It's easy to do your own taxes and it's pretty easy to do MFJ when you own nothing. Next year though with our house, no way am I doing them myself.

</div>
  • Haha Eagles glad I'm not the only one!

Edie I try not to, but yeah I do it all the time.  I went to Walmart yesterday for batteries and actually came home with an adorable sun dress.  I think its actually the first piece of clothing I've ever bought from there.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:788110fb-b211-46a6-b607-a9ce721b97eaPost:a8f7ba17-bddb-4d0b-97b3-ec14326d8203">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread : Nah, I didn't laugh. I need to find an accountant for our taxes next year. It's easy to do your own taxes and it's pretty easy to do MFJ when you own nothing. Next year though with our house, no way am I doing them myself.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

Our taxes are going to be so complicated with our new house and all my deductions from work.  It makes my head spin just thinking about it.  It will stress me out just getting all the stuff together for the accountant.

• Edie, way too often.  And it's always something black, white or blue.  My closet is so boring. 

So I just fed the dogs and Diego's still on white rice for his stomach issues and I stuck my finger in the rice making sure it was cool enough and then I licked my finger.  With food on it that was in a dog bowl.  Lovely. 

Yay Eagles!!! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:788110fb-b211-46a6-b607-a9ce721b97eaPost:d838da77-3838-4f17-b485-c51a5d30c7c7">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a semi random question.  Do you guys buy clothing if you don't need it?  For example, today I went out looking for more work shirts and came home with two dresses appropriate for weddings.  Is this normal?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes. For me at least. </div>
  • I am the worst dresser. The worst. I just suck. I wish I could go shopping all the time, but I end up wanting to spend money on other stuff more. I hate trying on the clothes. I feel guilty when I shop. I only buy clothes when I am in desperate need of something.
  • My wardrobe has gotten better over the years. It used to be all black, brown, and blue. Now it's got plenty of all colors. Mainly because H complained about it. And offered to buy me clothes as long as they were colorful.
  • Thanks Edie!  

I went to the mall a couple months ago to go to Kirkland's and came home with 2 dresses from NY&C for weddings.  We have so many weddings this year and next year already that I know I'll get plenty of use out of any dresses I buy.  Then I've also bought 5 or 6 sun dresses this summer too all randomly.  I don't wear shorts in the summer though other than soccer shorts, so skirts and dresses are all I wear.  And thats how I justify buying them.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I went to Macy's today for light summer tops and ended up with shoes.  Oh yeah and they're in black, blue and nude. 
  • J- you can also try calling your bank to see if there is someone on staff there as well as a place like Edward Jones.

I am not a huge shopper. I hate spending money on clothes so I rarely go shopping. I went out and bought a dress for my bachelorette party but I don't have shoes to match so now I have to shop again and I'm annoyed. 
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:788110fb-b211-46a6-b607-a9ce721b97eaPost:74aa6658-8677-4618-a22d-4a47e2c304a2">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]J, H just called our kitty Box Cat since she's sitting in her box.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Haha, awesome!

• I wish I could shop. I had planned to do an overhaul of my summer wardrobe, but because I'm not working, I can't. I'm going to start applying to jobs on Sunday or Monday, which makes me sad.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • H and I went all over to find a nice dress for the party my Aunt threw for us. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:788110fb-b211-46a6-b607-a9ce721b97eaPost:3fd9e87a-f815-4f8f-af4a-aeb6c87281a9">Re:Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish I could shop. I had planned to do an overhaul of my summer wardrobe, but because I'm not working, I can't. I'm going to start applying to jobs on Sunday or Monday, which makes me sad.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Angel-  do you want to help me pick out some shoes?  :)  My dress is strapless and knee length.  It is a darker, but not quite navy, blue and has coral accents. I don't want to spend a ton if I can help it.</div>
    imageVacation
  • In Response to Re:Evening thread:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Evening thread:I wish I could shop. I had planned to do an overhaul of my summer wardrobe, but because I'm not working, I can't. I'm going to start applying to jobs on Sunday or Monday, which makes me sad.Posted by angelstar975Angel nbsp;do you want to help me pick out some shoes? nbsp;: nbsp;My dress is strapless and knee length. nbsp;It is a darker, but not quite navy, blue and has coral accents. I don't want to spend a ton if I can help it. Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

I'll get looking! I'm on my phone, so we'll see how that goes. Can you post a pic or link to the dress? What kind of shoes are you looking for?
  • How do you do with heels Brandi?  Height limit?
  • I'll take a pic... brb.

I can do heels no problem.  I have some 6" that I wear for work pretty often. 
    imageVacation
  • I am finding myself really wanting to go to Buffalos so I can have some good wings and $2 frozen margaritas. 
  • edited July 2012
    Good evening! FI and I are down at the capitol. The orchestra is doing John Williams music and then there will be fireworks. I heart fireworks. J - I actually work with retirement plans. A roth IRA is the only thing your employer offers? That's really strange. Normally companies don't offer just Roth as it's not a good option for a lot of people. Anyway, finding an advisor is a good idea, but if you have any non-investment advice questions, you know, questions that wouldn't get me fired, just let me know. All the flowers are purty :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You guys are making me hungry for wings. This house has leftovers that need eaten, so no going out tonight. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:788110fb-b211-46a6-b607-a9ce721b97eaPost:7fd2a61b-cc71-4439-ae98-2945143620a4">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am finding myself really wanting to go to Buffalo so I can have some good wings. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

<div>FTFY</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I think I would go with shoes the same shade of coral as the accents on the dress. I like things to match though. You could also do nude heels.
  • Wings are amazing. That is all. 
  • Ok, I'm being paged by my husband but don't know if these work with the dress or not Brandi. 

http://www.6pm.com/product/7628227/color/345301
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:788110fb-b211-46a6-b607-a9ce721b97eaPost:4f1ce3b4-7b84-4495-8d92-88cb6e184050">Re:Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good evening! FI and I are down at the capitol. The orchestra is doing John Williams music and then there will be fireworks. I heart fireworks. J - I actually work with retirement plans. A roth IRA is the only thing your employer offers? That's really strange. Normally companies don't offer just Roth as it's not a good option for a lot of people. Anyway, finding an advisor is a good idea, but if you have any non-investment advice questions, you know, questions that wouldn't get me fired, just let me know. All the flowers are purty :)
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's all they offer.  It's sort of stupid.  I'm still trying to figure out if that's allowed legally since it's a benefit I'm entitled to that I can't use.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:788110fb-b211-46a6-b607-a9ce721b97eaPost:0e27e374-a13b-4c30-8358-8890ba211471">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread : FTFY
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

<div>Ha. </div>
  • I can't get this picture to upload! :(
    imageVacation
  • In Response to Re:Evening thread:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Evening thread:Good evening! FI and I are down at the capitol. The orchestra is doing John Williams music and then there will be fireworks. I heart fireworks. J - I actually work with retirement plans. A roth IRA is the only thing your employer offers? That's really strange. Normally companies don't offer just Roth as it's not a good option for a lot of people. Anyway, finding an advisor is a good idea, but if you have any non-investment advice questions, you know, questions that wouldn't get me fired, just let me know. All the flowers are purty :)Posted by dumdumfroggieYeah, that's all they offer.  It's sort of stupid.  I'm still trying to figure out if that's allowed legally since it's a benefit I'm entitled to that I can't use. Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Weird. Well, since the ER wouldn't be contributing to the account anyway, there's no real reason for you to go through them anyways for an IRA, unless they cover all the management fees or something like that. You can always open up a traditional IRA on your own if you're wanting something fairly low maintenance.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards