Wedding Etiquette Forum

Pastor

Our pastor will not give us any idea on how much money is usually given to him for the service.  He is new to the area and we don't attend the church.  How muchj should we pay him for his time and the use of the church?  Is there some sort of guide?

Re: Pastor

• I don't know exactly because my dad did our service. But I know my husband gave him a $50 gift card in a very sweet card.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Our fee at our Catholic church was $300.  It was supposed to be $100 for the priest, $100 for the parish, and $100 for the organist.  Since we brought in our own musicians, he had us pay $200 to the parish.  So our priest charged $100 for his service.  We didn't tip him anything on top of that.  We invited him to the RD and reception, but he didn't come to either. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • We were told to pay nothing to ours and we paid him $200 anyhow.  We also invited him to the RD and reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards