New York-New York City
Options

Parasol or white umbrella - where can I buy one in NYC

I'm in a bit of a time crunch - getting married this Sunday and the weather will be on the warm side.  I'd like to get my hands on a white parasol or umbrella to provide coverage when we are taking our outdoor pictures.

Can anyone recommend a store in NYC where I can get one - I only need one and nothing too expensive.

TIA!

Re: Parasol or white umbrella - where can I buy one in NYC

• Options
    smsuziesmsuzie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can get plenty of parosol's in China Town
    Are you near there?  OR try a craft store like Michaels

Good luck and Have a GREAT day!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know of any Michael's, except outside the city which I won't have time.  Forgot about Chinatown - hopefully I can find a white one, without embellishments.  Red and blues I feel like I'd have to trouble there, but you never know.

Thanks much.
  • Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out Pearl River in SOHO

link to parasols: http://pearlriver.com/v2/FramesCat.asp?iGroup=297

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome Alison, thanks so much - this will save me time rather than walking up and down the sidewalks looking for one!
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Gracious Home has umbellas for outdoors.  Don't know if they are the size you want.

Otherwise, bloomies
  • Options
    alychicalychic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You ca get a parasol on Theknot shoppe.I just ordered one. It was about $15, or if you want different colors try http://www.lunabazaar.com/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I got mine from Pearl River - super nice and very cheap.  Ordering from the Knot, aside from costing more, wouldn't have helped as my wedding was this past weekend.

But for others looking for one in the future, Pearl River is the place to go.  They also have a ton of other things - wish I had gone there sooner, as I loved the baskets they had, compared to what I bought, and other cool items...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards